Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8600 (MISSES' JACKET)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:1/3/11 9:22 PM

Review Rating: by 1 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Mahler said... (2/14/11 10:22 AM) Reply
ohhh geezy, I am so late in commenting. I read your review, looked at the pictures and never told you how beautiful your jacket is. Very art full and unique. I love red on you. Well what isn't beautiful. You look radiant and I love your hair.
magoe6217 said... (1/16/11 10:22 AM) Reply
Annette, I love your jacket in this fabric. The collar falls softly and frames your face beautifully. I would have thought that velveteen would be too bulky, but it is perfect. You have a beautiful jacket. Enjoy. I agree with the others that your jacket is so much more appealing than the ones shown on the pattern envelope.
Margaret said... (1/6/11 6:45 AM) Reply
Amazing jacket, looks GREAT on you! I like how it looks with the buttons moved over a bit, and in a drapier fabric than on the cover. I had the EXACT same problem with the pleats fighting each other, and couldn't quite fix it either -- I guess the pleat direction has to be changed earlier in the process. Oh, I love your buttons, too!
knitmachinequeen said... (1/6/11 4:45 AM) Reply
Fantastic jacket. I am just the opposite of you. I ALWAYS read the directions. I may not necessarily follow them but I always read them and have them in front of me when constructing a garment.
callmeRuth said... (1/6/11 3:37 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful. Just gorgeous.
no7262 said... (1/5/11 10:41 AM) Reply
VERY nice! Annette! Nora:)
Catbird said... (1/4/11 8:05 PM) Reply
This instantly gave me a feeling of old Bohemian London. I think the looser fit contributes to that slouchy old elegance that I really like, and the velveteen makes it so sumptuous. I would NEVER have pictured this outcome from the photos on that pattern envelope (which do the pattern no favors!!). YOU should be on the envelope. I agree that a slimmer fit with that generous collar would be beautiful, but it would be a totally different effect. I have a feeling that Marcy would like your jacket very much!
Fran S said... (1/4/11 7:31 PM) Reply
Annette, thanks for the great review. Your jacket is lovely. I have this pattern but haven't made it up yet. Hopefully, it will be soon. Thinking about the jacket contest -- do I need that stress?? We'll see.
JillyBe said... (1/4/11 6:45 PM) Reply
Gorgeous result! & it's a Marcy - no wonder I was drawn to it! And thank you for that button supplier link - she looks like a keeper!
JETrinity said... (1/4/11 5:34 PM) Reply
I love Marci's patterns. Your jacket is done very nicely. I don't think I have ever came across 33" fabric. Great job. Sewing on velveteen is not the easiest but you did an outstanding job.
DorothyK said... (1/4/11 11:48 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket. The fabric may have been difficult, but it paid off in the end. Thanks for the tip on the buttons. Great review!
Karendee said... (1/4/11 11:42 AM) Reply
Dear Queenie, when I grow up I'd love to sew like you. This is just another in the line of your beautifully designed jackets, and it is a winner. The velveteen fabric is so lovely and the style is just gorgeous on you. You can arrange and wear a jacket neckline like no one else. I think back on your white linen and all other jackets worn with real style, and this jacket ranks among the very bests. Your workmanship and knowledge is amazing and your willingness to share is appreciated.
sfshaza said... (1/4/11 10:31 AM) Reply
Wow, that is gorgeous!!! I love love the collar, the fabric, the buttons, the silhouette.
eugenia123 said... (1/4/11 10:02 AM) Reply
Another fabulous jacket! I love the collar and that beautiful lush fabric and your choice of buttons is perfect.
Andreahg said... (1/4/11 8:58 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! That collar is very flattering for you.
Kim12469 said... (1/4/11 8:04 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! You make such amazing clothes!
carolynw said... (1/4/11 8:02 AM) Reply
I Love the fabric - the jacket is gorgeous with that collar and good for you sticking with this to the end - excellent job Annette - another winner for your closet - like Christas I went by thispattern but now who knows - you have certainly shown the possibilities. Love your hair!!
marjenann said... (1/4/11 8:01 AM) Reply
OMG!!! This jacket is amazing (as always)!! And this review is top notch! I love the styling on this jacket and may attempt it in the spring! Thanks for sharing!!!
mssewcrazy said... (1/4/11 7:58 AM) Reply
Wow your jacket is gorgeous! I hate the picture on the envelope. Vogue needs to have you advising them on showing off their patterns.
Tarrbaby said... (1/4/11 7:48 AM) Reply
Oh, Oh, Oh, it is stunning! Love the fabric, color and it is so truly becoming. A beautiful addition to any wardrobe.
Peter in NYC said... (1/4/11 6:42 AM) Reply
Lovely, Annette. Gorgeous fabric and very flattering.
Rebecca D said... (1/4/11 6:39 AM) Reply
Another lovely project.
rivergum said... (1/4/11 4:19 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! I just love that collar and it looks great on you.
Barbara V said... (1/4/11 0:57 AM) Reply
What? Another review??!!?? You must be sewing your gorgeous clothes with one hand and typing your wonderfully informative reviews with the other! Now this is a gorgeous jacket. The fabric is luscious and style oh so nice. Thanks for sharing your button source. I am going to check it out.
janet said... (1/4/11 0:51 AM) Reply
This is definitely one HOT little number! The portrait collar and ANNETTE1 ROCKS!!!
1SewSweet said... (1/4/11 0:12 AM) Reply
I agree with everyone here ... You rock when it comes to jackets! This is very elegant and fits you very well. Absolutely love the color!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (1/4/11 0:08 AM) Reply
Annette-with-4-****s, this pattern is listed as "Easy"!! Ya otta send this Review to Vogue ;-0 !! Good save and persistance!!
Sweetiebop said... (1/3/11 11:35 PM) Reply
Annette this jacket is so amazing. You ought to send your photo to Vogue theirs doesn't do this pattern justice like yours would.
Heatherrique said... (1/3/11 10:52 PM) Reply
Spectacular! You are just so adorable and elegantly chic! This jacket is work of art. It's good to see you sewing more. As always your reviews are a joy to read!
SewWil said... (1/3/11 10:45 PM) Reply
Wow! This is a stunning jacket: The style, the fabric, the buttons, EVERYTHING about it is great. Just goes to show that an "ordinary" looking pattern can become extraordinary in the right hands. Thanks for the tip about your button supplier.
FreyaStark said... (1/3/11 10:44 PM) Reply
Fabulous! A really amazing and unique garment. The fabric is gorgeous. And thanks for the link to your button supplier.
Terri A said... (1/3/11 9:55 PM) Reply
Another jacket? You are quite the productive sewist! The fabric looks soft - but hard to sew, especially in a short width! Nice work and again great buttons:-)
Christas said... (1/3/11 9:51 PM) Reply
Annette, that is one very stunningly GORGEOUS jacket! WOWZA! I love it. I am also drooling over those buttons. They are so unique and pretty. This pattern didn't appeal to me as pictured on the pattern envelope, but you have taken it to a completely different (and more stylish) level with your amazing fabric choice & sewing ability. You forever reign as the "Jacket Queen"!!! :-)

Understanding Interfacings