Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 38229-1003 (Girls Unitards)

Review submitted in Active Wear 2011 Contest

Posted on:1/5/11 3:18 PM
Last Updated:1/6/11 5:58 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
RachelStonebreaker said... (3/3/11 4:31 PM) Reply
Thanks for giving us some hints on how to make our own drafts! I'm always hesitant to work with knits because of the negative ease factor. I like hearing about successes, they give me confidence to try this myself.
AnneM said... (2/5/11 4:41 PM) Reply
Adorable! What a wonderful gift for her. Looks like she will get a lot of use from them.
Weif said... (2/4/11 8:32 PM) Reply
Very cute!! I'm sure that the other kids in her class went home to ask for their mom or dad to make them some too!
Aroura said... (2/3/11 11:28 AM) Reply
These are really great looking! Your designs are fantastic. You have a very lucky little cousin!
lnwmelon said... (1/14/11 12:43 PM) Reply
Very nice! I bet she is the envy of her classmates with her cute outfits custom-made for her. I'm impressed that you enjoy sewing Spandex and tiny things. Your success helps me think maybe I could even try something for my granddaughter.
RadarRadiance said... (1/6/11 6:45 PM) Reply
She is a little cutie and very lucky to have you as a cousin! They look wonderful and very nice on, great fit .... they do look fun to sew, I'm sure you are very proud.
21wale said... (1/6/11 6:16 PM) Reply
These are great and look like they fit her very well!
CaraSkates said... (1/6/11 6:04 PM) Reply
Thank you! I used a sewing machine (Bernina 1090) for most of it. The shorts, black leotard and green leotard are serged - only because my serger had black in it and I was too lazy to change! I did the elastic with a medium zigzag and I used 3/8" swimsuit elastic.
ElizabethDee said... (1/6/11 12:01 PM) Reply
Wow, Cara, these look fantastic! I hope we get to see you lucky niece wearing these. Did you do all of this with a sewing machine?
pterion said... (1/5/11 4:20 PM) Reply
Very impressive! I've been using a Jalie swimwear pattern for unitards (2317) but I like your design with the side insets better.

by: beanchor

by: MayenDesig...

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sewn Square One Swing Shift Pattern