Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5718 (Funnel Neck Coat)

Reviewed by:desertana

About desertana
GERMANY
Member since: 4/9/08
Posted on:1/7/11 10:03 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
jillnjosh said... (11/22/11 1:04 AM) Reply
Thank you. Did you originally interface the sections that called for interfacing? I was just wondering if you had double layers of interfacing in those sections, or if you had skipped the interfacing originally. I saw that the back section doesn't call for interfacing, so I'm trying to figure out if I should add it to mine (fleece). I'm using (silk) organza as interfacing on mine.
desertana said... (11/3/11 4:08 AM) Reply
Jillnjosh- I used a midweight fleece with relatively little stretch to it. By the time I was done, I had interfaced all exterior sections. Had I used a wool coating, I believe it would have saved me a significant amount of sewing agony.
jillnjosh said... (10/30/11 1:29 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. Do you happen to know what weight of fleece you were using, by chance? For those looking for the picture, it is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anas_sewingbasket/5332578264/in/photostream
Baba Yaga said... (1/7/11 4:55 PM) Reply
Is it appropriate to compliment you on your saintly disposition? If I had had the experiences you describe with this pattern, I would be WAY crankier than you are!
rivergum said... (1/7/11 3:02 PM) Reply
That looks so warm and cosy. Great job!

McCall's 5114 OOP