Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6779 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:birdmcfarland

About birdmcfarlandstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 8/1/08
Posted on:1/20/11 2:20 PM

persevering said... (1/24/11 2:01 AM) Reply
Thanking you for your generous and helpful response. :)
birdmcfarland said... (1/22/11 8:27 AM) Reply
I'm a 36 bust, 27 waist and 37 hips. This thing looked huge when I made it but it actually fit like I wanted it to - loose. Sometimes I have to grade down the sides on the lower half of a garment, but I sometimes get lucky with whatever size corresponds to the 36 bust. On simplicity patterns I usually make a 12 (34 bust) because most of them are so big...except for that Perfect Fit dress. That one is right on the mark. I have a terrible time with sizing and fitting. I fall between sizes for a lot of things and it seems that every pattern company fits differently. It really drives me nuts. Thanks for your kind words!!
persevering said... (1/21/11 8:58 PM) Reply
Could you please explain your choice of size? At 123 pounds and 5'6", wouldn't a finished bust measurement of 41 (size 14) and the rest of the pattern be really loose on you? I'd really like to know because I'm shorter (5'4") and heavier (135) than you, and when I read this and your other reviews, I always try to assess your personal choice of sizing (and I'm always sort of puzzled because I think a 12 for me might be the correct size) and try to think through how your choice of pattern sizing would apply for me, since I always like your choice in patterns. Thank you. (I appreciate your reply as your garments look so good on you, and I'm here stuck/paralyzed, confused about sizing.)
Fran G said... (1/21/11 7:12 AM) Reply
Love it! Simple, black, easy fitting..what's not to love?? Thanks for the review as this one would have snuck by me!
21wale said... (1/20/11 10:18 PM) Reply
Great dress with a flattering shape. Very nice!
birdmcfarland said... (1/20/11 9:41 PM) Reply
thanks! Sorry the photo stinks. It's so hard to get decent shots of black clothing.
MNBarb said... (1/20/11 9:35 PM) Reply
Good choice for an easy wear dress. You look really good in your dress and boots.
AuntieShel said... (1/20/11 7:58 PM) Reply
Very cute!!
milwaukee_kelly said... (1/20/11 6:36 PM) Reply
I love this. Very simple, but super chic.
no7262 said... (1/20/11 6:33 PM) Reply
Wow! I really like the way you did this dress! Your version is the best one I've seen so far! Nora :)

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS
Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS

BurdaStyle Magazine 08-2012-113

by: French.Sea...

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Victoria Jones Collection Misses' Pareau Style Wrap Dress