Online Sewing Class: Pattern Work

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1175 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:UrbanSeamstress

About UrbanSeamstressstar
FINLAND
Member since: 10/29/10
Posted on:1/23/11 6:13 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Sewist Mamie said... (8/15/14 7:38 PM) Reply
Great review...I am in the muslin part of the dress, and I don't like how low the neckline is. I have adjusted the paper pattern to increase the neckline height, but have not cut a sample to test the fit. I reckon, I'll have to redraft the whole lining, because I've stared at it for a long while and can't figure out why it looks the way it does. After my adjustments, I'm pretty sure it won't fit. I did notice that the waist indicator on the pattern is actually on the back bodice. I did find this helpful to determine at the very least where everything should be roughly.
princessotako said... (6/23/13 1:12 AM) Reply
excellent and thorough review. i'm really glad that you took the time to mention the difficulties that you had with this garment - and the great tips for others thinking on embarking on this adventure. lovely dress
JoanneM said... (1/27/11 2:23 PM) Reply
An excellent review. This is going to be the first spring dress I make this year........I am thinking light weight linen. Yours looks great. I DO HOPE you post more (better) pics. Thanks for a GREAT REVIEW. Your help is invaluable.
ice pink stars said... (1/25/11 11:37 PM) Reply
Great review, and I think the dress looks beautiful!
SewWil said... (1/24/11 1:29 PM) Reply
Thank you for the detailed review. Pretty dress.
NVK said... (1/24/11 6:44 AM) Reply
Your persistence paid off. You look great in the dress. Thank you for writing such a thorough review.
becca a said... (1/23/11 10:57 AM) Reply
Stunning dress even in your little cell phone photo! Thanks for the very detailed review. It is quite flattering.
MegquiltsinVT said... (1/23/11 6:24 AM) Reply
Thanks for the thorough review and suggestions at specific steps. Great job; I'd love to see this in one of your other fabrics, too!

by: Natasha Jo...