Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 1204 (Travel Trio One)

Reviewed by:marthamyers

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Cultured Purl said... (5/6/11 2:06 PM) Reply
Thank you SO much for reviewing the slacks ! I have been anxious to sew them but I ,too, want to use Ponte knit to match a Jacket/skirt combo I have made, I thought it would work well for travel b/c we will be going thru several countries and black is so classic, knit is so easy~ , I know this is late but could you please tell me if you sized up do sew these in ponte vs a very stretchy fabric?? I do not want to ruin the fabric I have but b/c these are a bit different , fitting can be difficult. Perhaps adding one in seam allowances would be the thing to do?? Just a little stuck and frustrated at this point because the jacket and shell( diff pattern) are done as well as a skirt so this is a whole combo here ~ . Thank goodness for PR where hopefully you can get input in from other sewists( especially if you are a returning seamstress) I do get confused about the stretch/knit factor but w/ all the seams it probably will be easier to fit! ( i hope!) thanks again yours look GREAT on you!
lacroise1 said... (3/15/11 7:20 PM) Reply
pants fitting right out of the envelope??!! That like never happens!... I love your review and your pants. they turned out wonderful I hope to get this travel wardrobe soon.
JETrinity said... (1/24/11 5:53 PM) Reply
These pants look so great on you I am envious. I think the wide waistband adds so much to these pants unlike the narrow waistband with the elastic pull on pants. I've got to try these.
RLL said... (1/24/11 4:11 PM) Reply
I love the style of these pants. I may have to give this pattern a go also. Thanks for the review.
magoe6217 said... (1/24/11 9:02 AM) Reply
What fluff? You should wear your sweater tucked in more often to show off your great figure. Love the pants. They look totally comfortable. I have never used this line of patterns but after seeing your pants I am strongly considering it. Many thanks for the review.
Karine said... (1/24/11 8:16 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review - I've had this pattern a while, but haven't tried the pants yet. It looks like you got a beautiful fit - and you said you didn't make any alterations. They look great!
Fran G said... (1/24/11 7:51 AM) Reply
Martha..you are funny! Your willingness to display your 'fluff' (??? what fluff??) for the sake of your fellow seamstresses is sweet! Your pants look fabulous, comfortable and stylish. You always look chic ..thanks for the review!
FreyaStark said... (1/24/11 1:08 AM) Reply
Very nice pants. They look comfortable and a good fit.
Mary Sarah said... (1/23/11 10:34 PM) Reply
Great Job. The pants look really nice on you.
skae said... (1/23/11 8:22 PM) Reply
Great looking pants. job nicely done.

More Knits