Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6977 (Misses' Knit Separates)

Reviewed by:Andreahg

About Andreahgstarstarstar
MD USA
Member since: 12/19/05
Posted on:1/29/11 3:06 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Petite
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants    Skirts
lsaspacey said... (11/1/13 1:54 PM) Reply
I hope you'll try to make this top again. I just made one, in the same magenta/purple fabric too! I found that the armhole was low because the length was too long in the upper bodice. I ended up taking length out of that area by altering where the sleeve and bodice seams meet, about half an inch at the front and back.
Kayseri said... (1/30/11 2:54 PM) Reply
Shame it doesn't fit well, the CF gathers are very flattering and the colour is beautiful.
cmarie12 said... (1/30/11 11:00 AM) Reply
I think it's awesome that you attempted to grade this up from a 16. That is alot more courageous than I am since I won't grade up below a size 20. However, the color is great on you and I'm sure that you learned quite a bit doing this exercise!
Heatherbelle said... (1/29/11 3:52 PM) Reply
That colour looks great on you and you made a nice job of it. However, I am a size 18 and have found after numerous attempts with raglan sleeves and cut-on/kimono sleeves that nothing suits me as well as a proper set-in sleeve in knit tops. Maybe you could try and morph the fit of the Jalie top with this neckline?
SandyTaz said... (1/29/11 3:44 PM) Reply
I think this top looks very nice on you. Too bad the pattern doesn't have the size you want, but you did a really good job on this top.
crazygrad said... (1/29/11 3:24 PM) Reply
It is a GREAT color on you. I think it will be just fine over a long sleeved T or under something. The bust gathering looks nice too.

Go To Patterns Anywhere Dress