Pattern Reviews> My Image Magazine> Winter 2010 (M1002 Skirt)

Reviewed by:callmeRuth

About callmeRuthstarstar
Member since: 5/4/06
Posted on:2/8/11 2:24 AM

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

callmeRuth said... (2/12/11 11:28 AM) Reply
Lol, thanks, Annette. I only have 7 kids--a few less than Christa--but just so you know, I do have a few gray hairs...I'm definitely not a kid. :-)
Annette1 said... (2/12/11 0:59 AM) Reply
I LOVE this, and you look like a KID yourself, not somebody who HAS kids. :o)
becca a said... (2/11/11 10:58 AM) Reply
What a cute skirt!
MelissaB in WA said... (2/11/11 10:56 AM) Reply
Fabulous skirt! It also caught my eye in the magazine.
Vonnevo said... (2/11/11 6:11 AM) Reply
Gorgeous !! The main photo is such a happy snap !!!!
callmeRuth said... (2/9/11 1:19 PM) Reply
Kathy, The lining fabric I used also came from Denver Fabrics and I don't know specifically what kind it is other than that it is good quality. I wore the skirt all day with sweater tights, and I did not have any problems with static cling. I think any good quality lining would prevent static issues.
Diane333 said... (2/9/11 9:44 AM) Reply
Your skirt is very cute/I love plaids. Cute photo shoot.
Sew4Fun said... (2/8/11 5:28 PM) Reply
Great skirt! In fact I like your entire outfit. Your main photo also made me smile.
michellep74 said... (2/8/11 1:13 PM) Reply
Really cute skirt!
Barbara V said... (2/8/11 11:59 AM) Reply
How cute that is. The entire ensemble looks fabulous. If a kilt, it's the classist and most fashionable one I have ever seen.
Kathy in NM said... (2/8/11 9:53 AM) Reply
Very cute skirt, and outfit! Looks like it is nice and warm. It is nice to see a review since I have the magazine. The extra length looks nice - more along the lines I would appreciate than the short version. Your waistband looks good as is, but on the bias would be extra nice. What did you use for lining? It has been a while since I've worn skirts in winter and worry about static!
Christas said... (2/8/11 8:39 AM) Reply
A kilt? It's a very pretty skirt, and it looks WONDERFUL on you! Great pics too! I need to make something out of my issue of "My Image" ..... so many nice patterns to choose from.
MNBarb said... (2/8/11 7:19 AM) Reply
I love it! This is my kind of outfit, the basics with a little plaid to liven it up a bit. It looks great with the tights and boots.
Lori V said... (2/8/11 7:10 AM) Reply
What a great skirt, you look fantstic.
squirrellypoo said... (2/8/11 5:37 AM) Reply
Super cute, quick skirt!! Great to hear the sizing is spot-on, too!