Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6179

Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:6/29/02 11:26 PM
Last Updated:7/5/02 12:11 PM

LD said... (5/23/03 6:13 PM) Reply
I am in the midst of this pattern! I'm happy to have read the review. I, too, wanted to make a self-bias for the neck, but miscalculated when I cut and ran out of fabric. But, I would agree, this pattern is very easy - I didn't have a problem with the sleeves, though. I think I might slash the side seams at the bottom and make a placket - the bottom is not coming out the way I thought it would. I can't wait to try the view with flounce sleeves, maybe in a silk or georgette (I'm making this one in cotton). Yours looks great!
said... (7/2/02 1:49 PM) Reply
Pretty fabric, lovely top. Your MIL has great taste to match your sewing skills. You've come a long way! Keep up the good work!
said... (7/2/02 1:40 AM) Reply
Deepika, I really love the New Look patterns too! I just finished up making one and I will do my first pattern review.
said... (7/2/02 1:14 AM) Reply
Deepika, I love this top. Very pretty! Your sewing is beautiful!
said... (6/30/02 9:09 PM) Reply
Great looking top! Fit and color very flattering. You're wise to always check the fit of elastic guidelines: sometimes too tight, sometimes too loose.
said... (6/30/02 5:57 PM) Reply
Great looking top, Deepika. Good idea to use the buttonhole! That's not cheating; that's smart.
said... (6/30/02 12:31 PM) Reply
Thanks Barbara, the reason you are not able to view some other photos is because the reviewer has put the photos in online photo albums which require you to log in. Most of them are yahoo or ofoto.com. If you get yourself an account with these two (its free) you should be able to see the photos. I have not have any problems viewing other's photos.
said... (6/30/02 11:25 AM) Reply
Deepika - BEAUTIFUL! As always you did a wonderful job. The fabric you chose, it so pretty and soft. I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy wearing this pretty top. also - I have noticed that I am unable to view all the "Finished Garment Photos" (like Minnie's and a few others). It appears they are 'restricted' viewing. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Again, great job on a chic shirt! Barb
said... (6/30/02 2:10 AM) Reply
What is there to say that wasn't mentioned above, exept maybe that you are really keeping yourself busy, congratulations again:-)
said... (6/30/02 0:55 AM) Reply
Deepika, it looks great! Your fabric choice and the style of this top complement each other well.
said... (6/30/02 0:46 AM) Reply
Really cute! I'll have to show this pattern to my daughter. Looks like one she would really like. You did a great job.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns