Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1218 (misses dress)

Reviewed by:3kids1036

About 3kids1036starstarstarstar
AL USA
Member since: 10/10/06
Posted on:2/9/11 11:22 PM

dani213 said... (3/27/12 10:49 PM) Reply
I made this pattern this weekend. The neckline was low but not scandalous for a cocktail dress; HOWEVER - as many have noted before - this dress has some major issues. I thought the construction techniques were interesting, but the raw edges were not really great as an effect. For all the effort in marking - for marking you must and a bunch - this dress is just so so. nothing terribly special on.
dreamdesigner said... (6/26/11 3:31 PM) Reply
I'm wanting to but this but can't figure out what they want one to use for the "wired ribbon" either!
JETrinity said... (3/8/11 2:00 PM) Reply
Love this dress. Thanks for the warning.
Dobedowawa said... (2/22/11 9:31 PM) Reply
Thank you for an informative review, and warning about the neckline. This is a stunning dress, and I look forward to your next version. I have been looking for the wired ribbon, without success. Could you perhaps let me know where you bought it?
JoJo Sews said... (2/11/11 2:28 AM) Reply
I also love this dress and had just finished up to the facing on the neckline when I read your review and decided I had better attempt a pin-fit (interesting given the shape of the pieces!). I also found neckline to be too low and my solution for this version (wearable trial for me) is to add an extra pleat on each side a nice distance from the existing outside pleats - I won't stitch in until I check properly if there will be any gaping at the armhole - it would be simple to extend the pleats into the armhole to solve that problem if it exists! Hopefully you could add pleats like I have so you get to wear your gorgeous dress - next option from my perspective is to add a modesty insert behind the pleats that runs tightly across my upper bust - either that or wear as a pinafore over a tight little t-shirt! Thanks heaps for the review and enjoy your awesome dress!
1SewSweet said... (2/10/11 9:00 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
Jacqui315 said... (2/10/11 10:37 AM) Reply
I would love to see #2 in that gorgeous purple, too.
Marcia R said... (2/10/11 10:27 AM) Reply
Please explain where and how the wired ribbon was used? Thank you
cindyann said... (2/10/11 9:48 AM) Reply
I am sooo glad you reviewed this pattern. I just added it to my collection and I'm eager to make it. Thanks for all the tips.
becca a said... (2/10/11 8:20 AM) Reply
Lovely dress! Thanks for the heads up on the low low neckline.
lakaribane said... (2/10/11 7:55 AM) Reply
Well, aside for the "pechonalidad", it's really beautiful. Should I understand from your comment re: down sizing, that it's looser than the envelop photo emplies? I hope so, I love it!
Scheryka said... (2/10/11 6:54 AM) Reply
I have to agree, I knew something was up, great job, and in my queue, too. I was timid about this pattern but love it so much so (as soon as it's on sale) I'm buying. Thank you.
Leora said... (2/10/11 3:33 AM) Reply
I knew something was up, you showing it on your dressform. I've been hoping to see this one (pattern) made up, can't wait for your version #2!
Phasionz by M said... (2/10/11 0:20 AM) Reply
Great job! This is definitely on my queue!
no7262 said... (2/9/11 11:38 PM) Reply
OW! You did such a great job! Love the color! Nora :)

BurdaStyle Magazine 03-2013-151