Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Reviewed by:PatCSM

About PatCSMstar
Member since: 5/8/07
Posted on:2/15/11 7:01 AM

See other patterns in this category: Accessories
Morisot said... (2/15/11 12:27 PM) Reply
Your mitten/gloves look beautifully made. I made these also and found what you experienced--they are a bit tight. I do find myself grabbing them when I am going out in the winter to take photographs--it is nice to be able to flip the mitten flap back and have bare finger tips to manipulate my camera. The fleece is not super warm though. (and I almost think it is easier to make a suit than it is to make gloves!)
MamaSewing said... (2/15/11 10:44 AM) Reply
Your mittens look so nice and cozy, it is too bad they are a bit small. I have always wanted to try gloves as I have a hard time finding ones large enough for my hands. Guess I'll try a different pattern!
dfr2010 said... (2/15/11 10:24 AM) Reply
I made the one without the seams between the fingers, and those fit better, IMO. I do agree about the almost insane amount of pattern pieces and needing to hunt up what you need!
nicegirl said... (2/15/11 9:57 AM) Reply
It's too bad they didn't turn out to be that useful, as they look very well made! The glove/mitten is a popular item, so you are on trend.

The Technique of Underlining Garments