Pattern Reviews> Purrfection> 1039 (Modern Poet blouse)

Reviewed by:Debra H

About Debra Hstarstarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 7/16/04
Posted on:7/16/04 4:45 PM
Last Updated:9/19/04 9:33 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
tamtay said... (9/20/04 5:22 PM) Reply
Wonderful job on the blouse, Debra. This pattern is on my 'to make' list. I'm looking forward to seeing how the different cup sizes work. Purrfection's 'Perfect Trousers' pattern comes with pattern pieces for both apple and pear-shaped body types (I haven't made that one yet, either).
LiZ said... (9/20/04 3:01 AM) Reply
This is a very pretty blouse style and your fabric is pretty as well.
D1Diva said... (9/20/04 0:43 AM) Reply
This one is my favorite of their patterns, but I have been hesitating because I have heard they run really large through the chest. I may have to go for it though! Your version is really pretty, thanks for the pic!
Teri said... (9/19/04 11:20 AM) Reply
Very cute. I bet it looks great on.
Gigi Louis said... (9/19/04 10:16 AM) Reply
What a pretty blouse! Thanks for the helpful review.
Debra H said... (9/16/04 1:28 PM) Reply
Hey, this one sure generated alot of comments! Sorry that I have been out of pocket for a while and not responding. The pattern instructions offere several options for closures. One odd thing about this is that the button option along the right side does now include a snap inside to hold the left edge in place and I felt that was needed so I did add this. So one inner snap for the left front that is underneath and three buttons to secure right front. I hope to have a photo up in October.
Battgirl said... (8/1/04 9:48 PM) Reply
I love this style. I must have this! Will add it to my collection. Thanks for your tips.
Lisa Laree said... (7/19/04 9:54 AM) Reply
This is a cool looking blouse; I've already got a wrap top pattern that I think I could adapt to this one but I have a question...how is the underlap side of the front secured? Is there a tie or does it have a button or snap? Just curious! Thanks for the review!
diane s said... (7/18/04 8:18 PM) Reply
I'd love to see a picture, did you try using a different cup size? I've been wanting to try this pattern, thank you for the review!!
slee said... (7/17/04 10:53 AM) Reply
Would love to see a picture of your blouse. Thanks for the review.
AnneM said... (7/17/04 8:22 AM) Reply
I've been looking at this pattern - I like the design. Thanks for the review; would love to see a picture if you can. I just love the Purrfection website gallery.
Mollykat said... (7/17/04 7:25 AM) Reply
Really nice top. I didn't know this was a company offering cup sizing. Thanks for the info!
Rustybobn said... (7/17/04 7:18 AM) Reply
Wow! I am just gaga over the samples in the pattern site's gallery for this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Diana M said... (7/16/04 6:02 PM) Reply
I wasn't familiar with that pattern site; spent quite a few minutes looking around there. She has some really nice looking designs -- thanks for the review and the intro to a new-to-me independent!
Ruth C said... (7/16/04 5:38 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review as I am planning to made this as soon as my local store that carries Purrfection patterns gets this one.
PVA said... (7/16/04 4:58 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, Debra, I would love to see a photo of your blouse. The pattern photo looks like something I would really like to make/have! I certainly do appreciate all the info about construction you share with us.

J Stern Designs The Tee Paper Pattern