Pattern Reviews> Sure-Fit Designs> Pants Kit (Pants Kit)

Reviewed by:FrammaJoy

About FrammaJoystar
OK USA
Member since: 3/2/07
Posted on:3/2/11 7:47 PM
Last Updated:3/23/11 11:24 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 29 people
Klutzy said... (1/11/14 9:53 AM) Reply
I have a very unusual lower torso shape and have not had luck with this kit, but after reading your review I'm going to give it another go. I recognized you right away from you and Phylly's YT videos, which are really helpful and fun!
Cultured Purl said... (4/26/12 6:36 PM) Reply
Your pants look perfect! I love how you have fit yourself ,so well.
Christas said... (3/25/11 5:22 PM) Reply
Excellent review! Your pants look very nice!
Doris Stewart said... (3/24/11 11:54 AM) Reply
very interesting - thank you for the review
Kathy7661 said... (3/24/11 9:28 AM) Reply
I attended the chat with Glenda Sparling yesterday and I am interested in this system. Your review was very helpful. Thank you for a great review.
GlButterfly said... (3/24/11 4:04 AM) Reply
Yay for pants that hang straight! A nice, thorough review.
Barbara R said... (3/23/11 12:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I bought the dress kit and I think maybe also the pants kit years ago, but never followed through and actually made anything. They are hiding in our now-being-finished basement somewhere, but maybe when I get my sewing room set up, they will reappear and I will try again!
Sewing Chick said... (3/23/11 10:01 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I had never heard of this system until yesterday when the chat was announced. Your pants look great! I can't wait to hear how the dress fitting goes.
KathySews said... (3/21/11 11:28 AM) Reply
this is great news. Pants - phooey - why are they so difficult? I am calling in to the chat and want a good fitting, easy to make, pants pattern.
grey ann said... (3/7/11 9:22 AM) Reply
Your description of your body matches mine! Thank you for this review.
KD in ATL said... (3/6/11 10:30 AM) Reply
I was so excited to read your review! Years and years ago I purchased a system that is just like Sure-Fit. It was called Magic Fit - designing with Dusan. Same slopers with the numbers to connect, etc. But in a move to a new city, the design curve that came with the kits got ruined. I tried for years, through the Internet, to locate the company, with no success. Apparently it has a new incarnation as Sure-Fit. I went to the website, and I wrote an email to Glenda, who says it is not the same, which she probably has to say for legal purposes. But I am definitely going to order her design curve! Thanks again for your review!!
mhk3boys said... (3/4/11 8:57 PM) Reply
Wow! I really love your review! I have this system and have reviewed it also and I totally agree with you! Glenda has NEVER blown me off and has always answered my questions! Right now I'm taking care of baby chicks and I'm too busy to sew!
ChristineBR said... (3/3/11 3:20 PM) Reply
Those are lovely pants. They fall so straight!
strongnow said... (3/3/11 11:35 AM) Reply
Fabulous review. I laughed when I read about using bendy things for measuring!! I've been there. Beyond that, you provided a lot of great information and conveyed your obvious delight with this system. I went on to their website and as soon as my budget says so I am going to be ordering some of their kits. Thank you again so much.
glenj said... (3/3/11 2:50 AM) Reply
I also just read about this system in our aussie sewing mag..Dressmaking with stitches aust.It sounds fab.I'm glad you got such good results.
lorrwill said... (3/2/11 10:31 PM) Reply
You are now officially my hero. I am very glad to read that I am not the only one who has years and years of frustration trying to get a decent fitting pair of pants. I am going to look into this system now. And thank you thank you thank you for taking the time to share your experience with this system! eta I ordered the 3-Combo kit and Men's Instructions which have the angled pocket instructions. I have a good feeling about this.
kkkkaty said... (3/2/11 7:53 PM) Reply
Sure-fit sounds great, thanks for posting this. To join PR, visit this link: http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/addprofile.pl... you just click the button for the type of membership you want, and I imagine it takes you to a payment screen... it's been a while since I did that

Understanding Knit Fabrics