Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1116 (Scarf-Shirt)

Reviewed by:marjenann

About marjenannstarstar
Member since: 8/26/04
Posted on:3/3/11 5:17 PM
Last Updated:3/3/11 5:21 PM
ryan's mom said... (3/4/11 10:13 PM) Reply
Darn! So sorry it turned out voluminous. It looks lovely in the pic thought. Great use of the fabric too. I saw it on the Gorgeous Fabrics website, and I would have never thought to use it like you did. It really looks lovely!
cleverkitty said... (3/4/11 5:20 PM) Reply
wonderful top on your dress form, really too bad it did not turn out, the fabric is divine
mad stash said... (3/4/11 1:13 PM) Reply
Even though it doesn't look like the illustration, I think you nonetheless made an absolutely stunning piece. I don't think you could have chosen a more perfect fabric for this design... The luxe sheen & drape of the fabric, with the interesting chain pattern looks absolutely gorgeous! And the pearl necklace with it is perfect!! I swear your blouse is not a wadder!!! I bet it looks great on you even though the fit isn't what you planned. :)
Knitz said... (3/4/11 8:59 AM) Reply
Ah, what a shame, as that fabric is gorgeous.
Danvillegirl said... (3/4/11 6:53 AM) Reply
Fabric is gorgeous. Many reviewers have problems with HP. Some have excellent results. Perhaps a muslin is the way to go.
Scheri said... (3/3/11 11:47 PM) Reply
So sorry about the HOT patten. I was not impressed with their pattern either. I opened one of their patterns for a blouse in my sewing class and posed some questions to my instructor and she was confused with the pattern. So I folded it up and away it went back in my stash. So sorry it doesn't fit. The fabric you used was beautiful.
Barbara V said... (3/3/11 10:45 PM) Reply
Gorgeous. I hope you are able to work on it more until it fits! It looks beautiful on the dress form.
becca a said... (3/3/11 10:37 PM) Reply
The blouse looks gorgeous on your dress form. How disappointing that it is too big. I agree with Nan Kay--why not recut the blouse so it fits?
carolynw said... (3/3/11 10:18 PM) Reply
It's absolutely gorgeous. So very elegant - I just love it!!
Nan Kay said... (3/3/11 10:15 PM) Reply
It looks wonderful, so sorry you have to keep taking it up to get it close to fitting. The fabric and your work look fantastic, can you re-cut it through the body to make it fit? It would be a shame not to get to wear that lovely fabric!
Nancy K said... (3/3/11 5:33 PM) Reply
You say in your blog that you used your regular size 12, is that in Hot Patterns? Because their sizes are more like rtw than the big 4. However, even if you did make an 8 it might only have been 4" smaller which certainly wouldn't have fixed your problems! What a shame that you wasted your gorgeous fabric on something you won't wear.
Christas said... (3/3/11 5:32 PM) Reply
Oh, no! I hate that this blouse didn't fit. The fabric is so GORGEOUS and looks very high end! UGH. That is so disappointing. You can tell that you have done a beautiful job of sewing it.

Burda Plus Fashion Magazine 02-2013-401