Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8712 (misses pants)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

About Peggy Lstarstarstar
TN USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:3/9/11 2:34 PM
Last Updated:3/9/11 2:38 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants
Nancy K said... (4/8/11 3:38 PM) Reply
Love these. I have the pattern, and you've decided me that they need to be on my to sew list. The whole wardrobe is great
Barbara V said... (3/16/11 1:16 PM) Reply
Great looking Marcy Tilton pants. Nice fit and so versatile in the navy ponte. I think I will use the "simplify" method too when sewing these.
Sherril Miller said... (3/12/11 1:11 PM) Reply
Very nice pants Peggy. I have the perfect fabric to make me some too. Also, I'm thankful for the waistband link. I make my elastic waistbands exactly like that except I don't do the pressing. I will certainly be doing that from now on. I'm sure it will make things go easier.
renren said... (3/12/11 8:02 AM) Reply
Ah, I just LOVE them!!! They look really great on you! (I think I want a pair of these, especially if I can step the first 20 steps!!!)
Restart06 said... (3/10/11 1:57 PM) Reply
Awesome, comfy pants!! I am going to have to get this pattern....thanks for sharing!
JETrinity said... (3/10/11 1:34 PM) Reply
Lovely pattern. I am glad you made it longer. Got to get on the band wagon with this pattern.
blue mooney said... (3/10/11 10:31 AM) Reply
The style may not be for everyone, but it's a really good look on YOU! I'm looking forward to making these sometime this summer.
pterion said... (3/10/11 10:31 AM) Reply
I love your whole outfit. Just ordered this pants pattern and am so pleased to see how well they make up.
Patti B said... (3/10/11 0:33 AM) Reply
Great pants and fab looking ensemble -- nice work!
Catbird said... (3/9/11 9:30 PM) Reply
Peggy, I tower over you at 5'4" :-) These pants are fantastic, and I love them with the new SW top. You can't beat comfort and style combined in one piece of clothing. You look great!
Christas said... (3/9/11 9:15 PM) Reply
Love the pants! The leg detail is so cute. Wow.... can't complain about starting at step # 21 if you want to. Most of all it's just fun for you to have something nice to wear that is quick sewing gratification. And.... I didn't think you were 5'3"! You seemed much taller than that. These look great on you! :-)
sewtime said... (3/9/11 7:36 PM) Reply
Cute pants!!!
Annette1 said... (3/9/11 6:54 PM) Reply
Oh, and I didn't know you were only 5'3"!
Annette1 said... (3/9/11 6:53 PM) Reply
I'm so glad Karen clued me in to your review! Your pants are PERFECT, loose, but not sloppy, and I love the lantern silhouette. I have GOT to check to see if I have this pattern. I THINK I do, but as Karen reminded me, if I don't, it's the pattern of the week this week on the Vogue site. :o) Great job! I'm anxious to try these, myself.
Karendee said... (3/9/11 6:45 PM) Reply
Peggy, you look wonderful in your new "Lantern Pants" by M.T. I agree that the longer length looks really good on you and that's a great tip for the pants. Another great item for your wardrobe.
cleverkitty said... (3/9/11 5:16 PM) Reply
I like them longer, I love working with Ponte very stylish pants
carolynw said... (3/9/11 5:12 PM) Reply
Looking good Peg - laughing at your "licence to eat" - maybe I will stick with my pants with reinforced waist as I continue to try and lose weight
mm said... (3/9/11 4:37 PM) Reply
I hope you are enjoying your job in the patchwork shop. The pants looks great.
Re Becca said... (3/9/11 4:02 PM) Reply
Those look really good on you! and super fabulous with that top. I think that length really suits the pants too.
hmacski said... (3/9/11 3:39 PM) Reply
nice looking pants and they go well with the SW top. Thanks for the informative review. Helen
PegL said... (3/9/11 3:02 PM) Reply
I love a pattern that lets you start on step #21! ;>) The pants look really good on you! Great review!
JillyBe said... (3/9/11 2:48 PM) Reply
You know I was going to jump right on this review the moment I saw it! :D And you also realize that you'll have to return to Berkeley so that we can go out & about in our various Marcy/Sewing Workshop outfits! I'll have to find Marcy on Facebook - thanks for mentioning that. LOVE the pants on you, & can't wait to make mine!

Period Patterns 56