Pattern Reviews> Au Bonheur des Petites Mains> 40005 (Skirt with curved seams)

Reviewed by:rutaliet

About rutalietstar
IL USA
Member since: 8/10/08
Posted on:3/13/11 12:23 PM
Last Updated:3/13/11 12:29 PM

Sew4Fun said... (5/22/11 0:57 AM) Reply
An excellent and really helpful review. Thanks so much for taking the time. Lovely skirt!
o3b said... (3/14/11 3:50 AM) Reply
This skirt is adorable on you! I've never seen a pattern like it. You will definitely be remembered as you walk away. Nicely written review, too.
Ann Smith said... (3/14/11 0:52 AM) Reply
Very cool skirt. I also found the illustrations of the AB patterns to be vague or unclear as to some details. But they are certainly a fun adventure.
sewinfrance said... (3/13/11 7:02 PM) Reply
Good work, skirt looks really nice on you, and the rear pleats are very nice. Their fabric spec is for fabric which will "hold well" ("crisp" perhaps), so your choice of twill is good (it doesn't necessarily have to be thick).
sfshaza said... (3/13/11 6:23 PM) Reply
OMG! LOVE LOVE. You know, this pattern was in one of my first Au Bonheur orders. I never noticed that pleated section in back, either. Their little line drawings leave a LOT to be desired. I doubt I would make this skirt for myself, but I can see it on one of my teenaged daughters! And it looks FABULOUS on you! WOW. I can't even comprehend making one of their patterns without lots of altering to fit my middle aged, very differently shaped, body. :D KUDOS!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (3/13/11 5:21 PM) Reply
The unusual pocket, seams and pleating make this skirt a step above the rest. Great job. Thanks so much for the review. Very interesting pattern.
pterion said... (3/13/11 3:23 PM) Reply
Love the back pleating and the pockets on your skirt. You did a great job with this pattern and wear the style well. Very sporty and original design. I love this pattern company!
DorothyK said... (3/13/11 2:21 PM) Reply
I am reading your review with interest because I am right in the midst of sewing my first AB pattern - a t-shirt. Yes, the instructions are very sparse, and the illustrations are small and don't show everything. I think your skirt is adorable, especially from the back. You did a good job interpreting the rather skimpy instructions.

Ralph Pink Basic Swimsuit Block