Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2209

Last Updated:3/14/11 2:00 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Coat/Jacket

penelopey4 said... (8/8/11 10:59 AM) Reply
i just noticed your skirt fabric is the same fabric I used for the bodice on this dress! Beautiful job :)
talesofawannabe said... (3/25/11 1:21 AM) Reply
Claverie- This is the first dress that I've ever made, so I am certainly no expert, lol. My darts didn't really have any pucker, but I though it was because I pressed them flat and not over something like a tailors ham. The only thing with the light fabric like I used is that you can see darts showing though on the outside. Hope that helps! (Someone on the message boards might be able to give you a much better answer than me.) :]
Claverie said... (3/24/11 8:47 AM) Reply
As noted in my own review, this dress looks better with the lighter top so that the detail is visible. But, I'm wondering ... do you think if the top's darts weren't sewn all the way up that it would provide the pucker that is seen in the line drawing? I liked the line drawing better than my end result (I had a dark print and the detail got lost). What do you think? -- Stitch the dart, but not all the way up as designed???
MamaSewing said... (3/15/11 6:49 PM) Reply
I really like your fabric choice- your dress is so cute!
lacroise1 said... (3/14/11 5:48 PM) Reply
That is a really cute dress.. love the colors you picked. :)
lakaribane said... (3/14/11 9:30 AM) Reply
Ok, you've sold me on the idea. When I get my hands on this pattern, I'm doing the two fabric deal because your dress is soooo cute! Love it!
Christas said... (3/14/11 2:11 AM) Reply
I think the new Lisette patterns are so cute! I bought this pattern and the other three at the Jo-Ann's pattern sale last week. I am also impressed with the nice instructions. Your dress is so cute, and I love your fabric combination! :-)
MerryDay said... (3/13/11 11:30 PM) Reply
Cute, cute dress! I also recently made this pattern and LOVE it - definitely something to sew over and over again. Love your version! It's so springy.
LynneMR said... (3/13/11 10:59 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress - well done! I love the cute print.

Folkwear 207