Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1036 (MISSES' JACKET)

Reviewed by:Lynnelle

About Lynnellestarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:7/2/11 11:11 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

terrilee said... (4/7/13 7:47 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket..great review!
KathySews said... (3/10/13 2:08 PM) Reply
Thanks for the excellent review. I just bought some linen with this jacket in mind. So of course, I am checking reviews. No FBA? That caught my attention also.
sewingmel said... (7/6/11 10:05 PM) Reply
Great review! I have been working on this for the last few days, and I am to the mohair part. I can't find mine in my sewing room, but I think I will give fleece a try. Thanks!
Margaret said... (7/5/11 5:28 PM) Reply
Great jacket, wonderful topstitching, looks very crisp! I'm glad you decided to finish it and are happy with it!
Steffie said... (7/4/11 8:07 AM) Reply
Your jacket turned out very nice, Lynn! I am glad that you decided to finish it. :)
Obrooks770 said... (7/3/11 5:01 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket, I really like it it white. With a size adjustment I'm sure the next one will be just right!
Judy Kski said... (7/3/11 4:29 PM) Reply
I just love the seam details on this jacket. You've really done a great job making it. I'm definitely going to pick up this pattern after seeing what you've done with it.
Lynnelle said... (7/3/11 10:04 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for the compliments. They mean a lot considering this jacket almost didn't make it. =) Near the end of completion, I was not feeling it at all. I couldn't bring myself to attach the sleeve facings because I just didn't like it. Friends Melody, Steffie, and Faye all encouraged me to finish and take a second look at it. I'm glad I did. The back indeed is roomy, so I will either go down a size or take bigger seam allowances next time. I'm working on another Betzina pattern (V7903) and found the same issue with the back. L
becca a said... (7/3/11 9:19 AM) Reply
What a great jean jacket! You always write such thorough, informative reviews.
Sharon1952 said... (7/3/11 8:59 AM) Reply
Really nice job. It's so hard to fit with heavy denim like that. Nice pockets!
CarolynGM said... (7/3/11 4:35 AM) Reply
What an amazing jacket. I've been wanting to make this for a long time, and your outstanding review just might inspire me to get on with it.
ChristmasHills said... (7/3/11 4:27 AM) Reply
I love your jacket. I have made it in pale pink with red top stitching but haven't yet done my review. I slavishly followed the pattern and put in the sleeve head, which I had never heard of let alone ever done. Everything worked perfectly except for that bottom band. That was unpicked a number of times, and I think I have it right now. I love, love, love my pink jacket and have sewn a whole summer wardrobe around it. I'm about to go to England for the birth of my first grandchild so naturally I had to have a completely new set of summer clothes. Right? Of course. Just in case I don't ever write my review the other thing I noticed with my own jacket was the difference a really high quality interfacing made. Other than that you have said it all for me. Great review.
marec said... (7/3/11 2:47 AM) Reply
Lynn, This looks great and your workmanship is amazing. I love this jacket in white denim. Wouldn't this be nice in red?
Scheryka said... (7/3/11 0:34 AM) Reply
Great job! Crisp and white!
Nancywin said... (7/3/11 0:29 AM) Reply
This turned out great. I have this pattern and it's been on my "want to do" list for a while. Thanks for the tip on the back since I have a small back anyway. Yes, you should definitely go down a size or two in the back.
Q Valley Mary said... (7/2/11 7:23 PM) Reply
Really nice work, as usual. I'm sure you need at least one more of these in dark denim, then maybe another one or two in other fabrics to match casual pants. At least I would, when a pattern goes together so well.
michellep74 said... (7/2/11 7:01 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket! The white denim is perfect for summer.
Sew4Fun said... (7/2/11 6:32 PM) Reply
Nice jacket and super helpful review. Thanks!
SheBear0320 said... (7/2/11 3:08 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review Lynnelle -- I have this pattern and some great brown denim in my "future projects" pile. Your in-depth review points out several areas I will need to watch when I begin my jacket.
knitmachinequeen said... (7/2/11 2:43 PM) Reply
Okay Lynn that jacket is way too big in the back. If you go down to size D in the back do you think it will affect the front bust? Great review.
sunnysewer said... (7/2/11 11:20 AM) Reply
Great jacket, love the style and white denim is so nice for summer. Looks fantastic.

Tessuti Fave top