Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> 12238 (Pure & Simple Coat)

Reviewed by:sewpatty

About sewpattystar
OH USA
Member since: 1/9/10
Posted on:3/27/11 9:48 AM
Last Updated:3/27/11 9:50 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Cultured Purl said... (5/11/12 2:32 AM) Reply
PS I looked at the link to the NAP coat! Even at great reduction( it is 2012 now) , it was well out of my price range, something like 480$ or so, I expect to spend about 100$ on combo of fabric and pattern ( pattern much less expensive at Expo) and I am certain I will be making the shell a LOT! Thanks for the link also!
Cultured Purl said... (5/11/12 2:22 AM) Reply
Love how your coat came out, it is very attractive on you, I was looking up reviews on some CLD pattern I purchased at a sewing Expo and I am SO glad I did! I am looking forward to sewing this and the shell in the pattern, both will be great wardrobe additions, esp the coat right now as I am looking to make 2 of the 3 pieces in that pattern for reasons of lenght,,,,,and just bought another pattern ABO for a winter car coat also! Seems to me that I am set here for a spring jacket and a car coat for winter! Thank you for reviewing this pattern, ~
jannw said... (3/27/11 7:17 PM) Reply
Very, very nice..love your color combo's. You did a great job on this unique garment!
renren said... (3/27/11 12:59 PM) Reply
Fabulous! It beats that $1300 price tag (and I found some gorgeous ballet flats at the link but out of my price range!!!). You make this pattern look very appealing!
Claverie said... (3/27/11 11:50 AM) Reply
Great looking kickin' around coat. I've seen the one color option as well land it too looks great. The colors work great together ... you'll just have to make a spring version is all there is to it ;) I'm a tad too frugal to pay full price for the pattern, but it's certainly one I'd lik to have.
K_sew said... (3/27/11 11:28 AM) Reply
I had the pleasure of seeing this coat in person, modeled by its' lovely sewist. The sewing is reaaaally good. Lots of meticuluous topstiching. You did a great job, SewPatty! Thank you for the in depth review.

by: jennybaxt