Pattern Reviews> Sure-Fit Designs> Dress Kit (Sure Fit Designs Dress Kit)

Reviewed by:Plantwizard

About Plantwizardstar
OR USA
Member since: 2/14/03
Posted on:3/28/11 11:58 PM
Last Updated:3/29/11 0:05 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

chenille said... (3/23/14 1:57 PM) Reply
Thank you for this excellent review, detail fixes and resources for the dreaded twisty sleeve !
bananaoil said... (11/8/11 12:38 PM) Reply
EXCELLENT REVIEW! All caps rage entirely called for. The sleeve fix blew me away. All the Sure Fit reviews are helpful and yours has been the most helpful to me. Please keep up the posting of your work with the system, very encouraging. Thank you.
grey ann said... (4/24/11 10:43 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for this lengthy and thorough review. From your picture, it seems like we have the same body types (except your elbows!) I have seriously considered buying the Sure-Fit system. I think I will, this summer when I have time to sew. Your blouse fits well in the shoulders and neck - that is so important. It looks nive on you, although I agree that a rounded hem would be even more flattering. Thanks again.
canei said... (4/4/11 1:17 PM) Reply
Very nice. I love the color.
Plantwizard said... (3/31/11 0:47 AM) Reply
Thank you all for your supportive comments. It's nice to have something work out for a change. Miss Fairchild you asked how much to change on the sleeve. To be honest I just SWAGed it (scientific wild ass guess) and went with my gut. Adding or subtracting 1" in width at the wrist level worked for me. I think I could even have gotten away with a little more, actually. You'll just have to experiment. It also takes some experimenting to get the adjusted seams to line up. Just warning you..... Lorrwill, if you have any concerns about the fit email Glenda with pictures or arrange a Skype meeting. If you don't know how to Skype your local teenager can probably help you.
lorrwill said... (3/31/11 0:01 AM) Reply
GREAT REVIEW. Just the main picture alone speaks volumes. I think your test shirt looks great (even with the straight hem). I am just tracking of my first pair of pants with SFD and am very optimistic. Unfortunately, I can not attend any of Glenda's workshops because of distance. But I would if I could.
Miss Fairchild said... (3/30/11 8:27 AM) Reply
Great review and thank you for the tip on the sleeves. I sometimes have this problem too, with a lot of tight fitting blouses and jackets. I refer to it as "one of those Popeye characters" and have tried many ways to fix it. It's interesting about the Leichty book; it's the same fix as for bow legs. I'm putting your review in my Favorites so I can review it often. By the way, how did you know how much to change? From the width of the fold?
renren said... (3/30/11 4:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful, perfectly fitted top! I enjoyed reading about how you tracked down the twisting sleeve problem! Quite impressive review and intro to this fitting system.
Irene said... (3/30/11 1:34 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your great fitting sleeve. Your review tells the story beautifully.
Kathy7661 said... (3/29/11 11:00 AM) Reply
I just received my Sure-Fit Designs System a few days ago. I hope to dive into it this coming weekend. You did a great job addresses your fitting issues, your top looks great! Your review was very helpful. Thanks
Patti B said... (3/29/11 9:19 AM) Reply
If reviews were given letter grades, this one would earn an A+! Excellent review of your pretty, well-fitting blouse AND of the process.
Sewing Chick said... (3/29/11 9:01 AM) Reply
Thanks for the excellent review. I'm planning to get this for my birthday next month. Your review was very helpful.
RLL said... (3/29/11 9:00 AM) Reply
I'm impressed with your efforts and review. Your top looks great and you have a base pattern to work with now. And, OMG, I have the same problem with the sleeve and had tried rotating in the armseye as well to no avail. I never considered it being how my elbow lays. Thank you!
ryan's mom said... (3/29/11 8:27 AM) Reply
Your top looks terrific! And what a detailed review on Glenda and SureFit Designs. It sure has produced a top with a superior fit and looks great!
pinemeadows said... (3/29/11 5:55 AM) Reply
Thank you for a well-written review. The blouse looks like it fits you very well. I enjoyed reading about the fitting challenges and design opportunities with that system.
Denise L Perry said... (3/29/11 4:54 AM) Reply
Very helpful review and I am so impressed with your quest for a great fit. I am just recently trying to sew for my aging body and have become overwhelmed with the number of alterations needed. You are the inspiration I was looking for! The shirt is perfect!
Terri A said... (3/29/11 2:40 AM) Reply
This is a very interesting review. Thanks:-) I think your shirt turned out great and the hem looks really very nice the way it is.

by: Judy Kski