Pattern Reviews> Colette Patterns> 1013

Posted on:4/4/11 8:36 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
cairncrew said... (4/4/11 1:28 PM) Reply
I think in the end, it's really the wrap thing that makes it less than comfortable for me. As dbsewer said, I could redo a muslin and change the sleeves, and I may very well do that. In the end though, the wrap style, no matter how pretty just isn't for me. We all look good and feel good in different things. I tried, it just wasn't for me and certainly not worth the myriad of changes that I feel would be needed to make it to my liking. In the end a wrap by any other name is still a wrap! ;)
MNBarb said... (4/4/11 1:05 PM) Reply
Oh, it's so defeating to have a complicated pattern turn out below your expectations. I hope you can figure out a way to make this work for you. I think this must be a difficult pattern to fit.
dbsewer said... (4/4/11 9:04 AM) Reply
Sleeves and armholes are easy to fix. Perhaps make a muslin of the top portion, and redraw and refit that part of the bodice. A pattern is a starting point and you should be free to adjust and change to suit yourself.
Hilary said... (4/4/11 8:57 AM) Reply
That's too bad that it didn't work out for you! It goes look cute in the picture but if it's not comfortable I can understand it not being a favorite.
renren said... (4/4/11 8:46 AM) Reply
Oh, no! That looks like a lot of work for a back of closet garment! It looks really nice--you really got that neckline perfect. Maybe you will change your mind . . . or maybe the constricting armhole and cap sleeves will be enough to keep you from wearing it. Whatever the outcome, you've done a great job sewing it.

by: Sue Anfang