Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2787 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:lauramae

About lauramaestar
Member since: 4/28/09
Posted on:4/5/11 9:22 PM
Last Updated:4/5/11 9:24 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
fabricfanatic said... (11/20/11 5:17 PM) Reply
Thanks for the hint about the sizing. The drawing on the envelope makes it look very close fitting in the waist area. Now I'll know to measure the pattern pieces first. Thanks!
drsue said... (4/8/11 3:23 PM) Reply
Terrific dress, terrific review!
lauramae said... (4/6/11 5:02 PM) Reply
I am never sure how to respond to the comments left on this website! Is it better to add to the actual review, or just add a comment? Is there are way to reply to a specific comment? Anyway . . . thank you everyone for your lovely and inspiring comments. Jemgirlca – the rayon does not wrinkle very much at all, and it irons beautifully; Scheri – thank you for all of your delightful comments, and those two little faces that have recently been added to your avatar are super cute, Chihuahuas always make me smile (as do your comments); Aixoise – the shoes are a couple of seasons old, I purchased them at 6pm.com and they are Sofft brand shoes “Cally” in Ocean Green.
SewWil said... (4/6/11 12:33 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress. It looks great on you. Thank you for your usual detailed review. Always very informative.
anika said... (4/6/11 11:50 AM) Reply
What a great dress. I love this pattern and have it in my stash, but had not even considered tackling it yet because it looked so fitted and I thought it would take many alterations. Your excellent and very helpful review has just moved it way up the pattern queue. Thank you!
cleverkitty said... (4/6/11 8:46 AM) Reply
your dress is gorgeous excellent review
Lili123 said... (4/6/11 7:21 AM) Reply
your dress looks fabulous and the fabric is very nice.
Aixoise said... (4/6/11 0:59 AM) Reply
You look fabulous! What a dress! What a figure! And where'd you get those shoes? Your reviews are so much fun.
SusiM said... (4/6/11 0:14 AM) Reply
I appreciate the info about the finished pattern measurements-that's good to know ahead of time. As usual, your dress is gorgeous and suits you well.
Scheri said... (4/6/11 0:13 AM) Reply
Lauramae, You are my favorite on thi site! Your taste and style are my cup of tea. Another extraordinary dress. I have this pattern in my stash along with EVERY Vogue vintage pattern. This just may be the style that may work for me. Keep on sewing you are my inspiration. PS Love tyhe chi...I have (4)
jemgirlca said... (4/5/11 11:39 PM) Reply
I love your dress and fabric! It fits you amazingly!! How wrinkly is that fabric? I may have to get some...
LynneMR said... (4/5/11 11:33 PM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful - I love the style and your fabric is very pretty.
Rhoda K said... (4/5/11 11:12 PM) Reply
A gorgeous dress and you wear it well.
FreyaStark said... (4/5/11 10:02 PM) Reply
Your fabric is not an obvious choice for this dress, but it works. The result is fabulous.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns