Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6286 (misses blouse and belt)

Reviewed by:barebear

Posted on:4/19/11 6:48 PM
Last Updated:4/19/11 6:50 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

DaisyA said... (10/5/11 2:18 PM) Reply
Your shirt looks good, and I know what you mean about belly peep because I have the same problem. When I made this pattern I made the darts narrower, so there is not as much pooling of fabric. I also wear it as a lightweight jacket over a singlet top (hides my belly) Do yourself a favour and finish it:}
barebear said... (4/20/11 11:39 PM) Reply
I think I can salvage this blouse, I just don't want to right now. Especially since it means unpicking some of those darts... Ick. I'll probably revisit it again this summer. I love the fabric too much to let it lay in the UFO pile for long. Also, the 'v' doesn't go that high, at least not on me. Maybe just below the belly button?
arianamaniacs said... (4/20/11 2:42 AM) Reply
Yea, I think that V in the front is only for girls who need to show off their belly piercing. I would try extending the darts to smooth it out in back. It's a nice blouse though and with a little tweaking I think you'd be happy with it
Dee2 said... (4/19/11 9:28 PM) Reply
Sorry for your angst but I do think that the fabric & color which looks wonderful on you make this worth coming back to! Perhaps someone w/more expertise in fitting than I have could help out--there are a lot of really skilled sewists on some of the boards & they may be able to point you in the right direction. Your sewing is lovely & the details are very pretty.
Terri A said... (4/19/11 7:19 PM) Reply
I love your swiss dot fabric. The pin method for darts is the only way I ever do them too, because you get such accuracy that way:-) Nice review!

by: jnageotte

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

THE SKIRTS - A CD Book By Kenneth King