Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1250 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:pegsewer

About pegsewerstarstar
Member since: 10/6/10

Best Patterns of 2011
Posted on:4/24/11 3:14 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
sewbarbie said... (5/13/11 2:34 PM) Reply
SewWil said... (4/27/11 5:31 PM) Reply
I like the print you chose for this pattern. It looks nice in all three versions but since you are asking I like the third one the best. I would consider this a wadder.
Michele Lommasson said... (4/27/11 3:27 PM) Reply
Well the fabric you chose may not have been the right fabric for the pattern to begin with, but your dress looks very, very good.
optimistic said... (4/27/11 1:22 PM) Reply
DorothyK said... (4/25/11 2:21 AM) Reply
Peggy, you look stunning in this dress. I love the print on you and the way the colors fall on the dress. I have this pattern and am now very anxious to make it. Thanks for your review.
sfshaza said... (4/25/11 1:46 AM) Reply
It really does look great, Peggy. And what a *great* use of this graphic print. I even bought this pattern and I never ever make sheath dresses. But you and Carolyn inspired me. :)
marec said... (4/25/11 0:11 AM) Reply
Very striking dress and what an incredible fabric! Lovely result. I like #1 of the 3 choices, then #3. The belt really adds quite a lot to the look.
pegsewer said... (4/24/11 9:09 PM) Reply
thanks for the great comments. Looks like #3 is the way to go. I will try pulling the cowl to the other side---good suggestion. Yes, the godet is added only on the left----no way could I have matched it on the right.
Sewiing Sue said... (4/24/11 8:48 PM) Reply

Sewiing Sue said... (4/24/11 8:48 PM) Reply
I like the third version on your blog. Nice choice and use of fabric.
becca a said... (4/24/11 7:50 PM) Reply
I love this version of the dress. I think all three ways of styling the dress work, although I prefer it belted. Can you also pull the cowl to the other side to maximize the pink or does that not work out? Did I understand you right that you added a godet only to the brown side and not to the pink?
barebear said... (4/24/11 5:01 PM) Reply
Interesting dress! The bodice is intriguing. I like the fabric print, but I'm sorry to hear it's misbehaving a bit. Great job, though. :)
Baba Yaga said... (4/24/11 4:50 PM) Reply
Peg, it's terrific. I like the version with the belt and the cowl pinned... it looks like a designer dress. Hooray for you!!
Picnicfan said... (4/24/11 3:24 PM) Reply
A very stylish dress. It looks very nice on you.

Sewing Workshop Helix Tee and Pants