Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1008 (WSJ Kimono Wrap Dress)

Reviewed by:mamafitz

About mamafitzstarstarstar
WI USA
Posted on:4/24/11 7:08 PM
Last Updated:4/24/11 7:30 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 30 people
princessotako said... (3/20/13 7:59 PM) Reply
thank you so much for a wonderfully detailed review. more so for making note of the fabric requirements - though i think it worked in your favour. the pattern on your dress is amazing and looks so smart with the purple shoes. a beautiful project.
milwaukee_kelly said... (5/24/11 12:02 PM) Reply
Beautiful! The sash, the print, the shoes. It's all perfect.
lynnewill said... (4/30/11 9:59 AM) Reply
Awesome! It has all been said in previous comments...well done, lovely combination of fabrics and I think having to swith the fabrics was a happy accident. I am familiar with both of these fabrics and the drape on the poly is so suitable for this style.
Hilary said... (4/28/11 5:18 PM) Reply
LOVE your dress!! It's *really* pretty on you, and I love the fabric combo you've used. Great job!
marijka said... (4/26/11 8:04 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful! I appreciate seeing how it fits on a woman with a bust since I usually avoid wraps for that very reason. :-) You know, the "approximate yardage" issue is my only problem with Hot Patterns. Well drafted, beautiful designs, but having to lay patterns out on my cutting board to figure my own yardage before buying fabric is a real pain, especially with the cost of the patterns.
mchick said... (4/25/11 12:23 PM) Reply
Love your dress! I have always liked this pattern, and just before logging on to PR had bought it. Seeing your version has confirmed my view that it is a really fabulous pattern, and your version is just stunning!
helenkosings said... (4/25/11 11:48 AM) Reply
I wouldn't be surprised if the sales of this pattern rise dramatically after this review! Lovely, lovely dress.
msbillie said... (4/25/11 10:56 AM) Reply
You did a lovely job, looks great on you!
Rebecca D said... (4/25/11 6:55 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress and great review.
Levone said... (4/25/11 2:11 AM) Reply
Pretty dress! I love your fabric choices.
renren said... (4/24/11 11:43 PM) Reply
Wow, smashingly good looking dress and suits you to a "T"--thanks for the review!
Scheri said... (4/24/11 11:18 PM) Reply
Very nice review. Thanks for sharing so much information on this pattern, Your dress looks very nice on you.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (4/24/11 10:59 PM) Reply
Great review & fabulous dress. I need to make one of these!
Izzie said... (4/24/11 10:34 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress!!! I'm really diggin' those purple, platform pumps too! ;0)
Fairworthy said... (4/24/11 9:57 PM) Reply
Wonderful Job Linda! Looks great!!!
marjoriekh said... (4/24/11 9:40 PM) Reply
Thank you for this very helpful, detailed review. I can believe that you got many compliments on this dress -- it looks wonderful on you. I intended to make this pattern last winter and never got to it. Your yardage information will be very useful, and I will make sure to determine how long I want the ties before cutting. Only wish I had a serger...
Patti B said... (4/24/11 8:46 PM) Reply
Well, no wonder you love it -- it looks smashing on you. So good to see you posting.
crazygrad said... (4/24/11 8:08 PM) Reply
The dress is stunning! And I love that fabric!
becca a said... (4/24/11 7:34 PM) Reply
What a fantastic wrap dress! I love your combination of fabrics. It is so flattering! I think I need this pattern.
Claverie said... (4/24/11 7:14 PM) Reply
How brave of you to show the inside ;) ... makes me want to adjust my serger. the dress looks great on! the fabric is beautiful, and you did a great job. it's.... FABULOUS ;)

by: aunrea