Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2011-129 (Knit Top with Bolero)

Reviewed by:KatC83

About KatC83star
NEW ZEALAND
Member since: 9/26/09
Posted on:4/30/11 10:15 PM

StudioCherie said... (4/29/12 11:50 AM) Reply
I think you look like the Mona Lisa. I wonder if she was fresh from a sewing project? Great review
KatC83 said... (5/1/11 3:42 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone, especially for the suggestions of similar patterns. I hope it saves someone else from having to write a 'sad face' review :-D
lakaribane said... (5/1/11 11:10 AM) Reply
Love the sad face, LOL! Great review, too.
taylormade said... (5/1/11 8:59 AM) Reply
Sounds like you had quite a trial with that pattern. it is soo frustrating to put all the time and fabric into something that's just "not right". Today' fit, in Vogue patterns, has a top that looks similar, and I have made it & it might be just wat you are looking for. It does fit pretty snugly, and I would either self line the whole front (if you use a thin knit)or line with tricot front and back. But it's a well drafted pattern. Good luck on your next project!
renren said... (5/1/11 8:52 AM) Reply
This reminds me of a Sandra Betzina top with that bolero over the top. I think it looks great after all your fiddling, but to unpick stitches from velvet . . . oh, goodness. Glad you finished it; I wouldn't have so kudos to you for persevering in the face of such trials.
KatC83 said... (5/1/11 0:52 AM) Reply
Hahaha thanks Terri! Yes, I think my face really does reflect my thoughts on this pattern! Oh well, I'll have to make something else to 'cleanse my palate' of the experience ;-)
Terri A said... (4/30/11 11:46 PM) Reply
Aww your face says it all... been there. Thanks for the helpful review.

by: Jrhee