Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5611 (Misses's Shirt)

Reviewed by:KathySews

About KathySewsstar
MI USA
Member since: 10/1/06
Posted on:5/2/11 12:49 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

annie1129 said... (5/4/11 10:31 PM) Reply
It looks nice on you, but I think the sleeve length is too long for you. I think that once you address that issue, it will make a world of difference -- in any case it makes a BIG difference on me. I have short arms (I'm short period) but sleeve length is super important for me.
carolynw said... (5/3/11 2:37 PM) Reply
Hi Kathy - I am just finishing up my shirt from this pattern. It runs big - looked at the measurements on the pattern pieces and went down a size and guess another size down would not have hurt. I agree with others - this will be a great shirt for a hot summer and as Sherril says you can remove the sleeves for the cap sleeve version - anyway I don't think you should call this a wadder - it does look nice on you
KathySews said... (5/2/11 4:18 PM) Reply
oops....I meant ..... let it hang
KathySews said... (5/2/11 4:17 PM) Reply
Something to think about....let it hand and think about a makeover
Sherril Miller said... (5/2/11 2:26 PM) Reply
I think a fitted shoulder would look better, but this one has some redeeming features as well. The stripe is pretty, the top fits nicely, and it could fit just a tad better maybe with some underbust darts. If you didn't want to do that, than you can just remove the sleeves and have a nice cap sleeve summer top. Use some bias tape to finish off the armhole.
MNBarb said... (5/2/11 1:07 PM) Reply
But isn't it rewarding to have a loose-fitting, cool, seersucker blouse to wear on a hot summer day? It sounds like you did learn what you don't want for the next top.

Victoria Jones Collection Men's Hawaiian Aloha Shirt

Victoria Jones Collection Men's Hawaiian Aloha Shirt

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)