Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6429 (Misses' Knit Dress)

Reviewed by:sunnysewer

About sunnysewerstarstarstar
Member since: 8/3/09
Posted on:5/5/11 0:45 AM

sevoo said... (1/23/12 8:49 PM) Reply
I reversed the sides, too, and I figured out why: The cutting diagram doesn't mark which side of the fabric is which. The text says "for single layer - pin pattern on right side of fabric" but the diagram shows the fabric unshaded, which is "wrong side" in the fabric key. Looking more closely I can see in the cutting layouts where the fabric is folded, they still don't shade one side, so it's just information they omitted from the diagram altogether. I even double-checked, saw that the fabric in the diagram was not-shaded, and said "oops, that's supposed to be pinned on the wrong side" -- and flipped it over. I figured I should say something after I saw all the reviews that talked about cutting it backwards, but nobody explaining *how* it happened so we could avoid it in the future!
mochimo said... (6/8/11 4:11 PM) Reply
I like your dress! This pattern has been in my to-sew list for a couple of years and I continue to buy fabric to make this dress and then end up using the fabric to sew something else. Maybe I should finally make it...
pdiddly said... (5/6/11 2:51 AM) Reply
the fabric is lovely and any difficulty you had doesn't show.
VirginiasDghter said... (5/5/11 8:28 PM) Reply
I love how this turned out. What gorgeous fabric!
AlexaNJ said... (5/5/11 4:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I'm new to knits as well, but I am really starting to love them!
2takeKate said... (5/5/11 4:00 PM) Reply
Lovely fabric and what a match for your leather coat! My machine has an adjustable pressure presser foot (sort of "spring-loaded") which helps tremendously with sewing knits in general, especially topstitching. But I think your collar looks good without it. I am just finishing my second version of this dress pattern (sleeveless, no collar) and am having the unruly facings problem. Thanks for the Steam a Seam reminder ;-). I know I will make this one again, too... and will post a review when I'm done!
SewWil said... (5/5/11 10:33 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! I love your choice of fabric for it.
Norsecross said... (5/5/11 10:19 AM) Reply
I like your sash improvement, good move. I am not a knit fan either, yet somehow feel left out so I to made one...and will now go back to my beloved cottons and India silks :) Skipping the top stitching was also a good move, they make little dresses seem so industrial strength! You make me laugh about ending up with a reverse image from the pattern, I have fallen into that a few times myself, Ha, no harm. The pattern police did not come for me.
Gelbean said... (5/5/11 10:17 AM) Reply
Love your dress! This is one of my favorite patterns!
LynneMR said... (5/5/11 9:47 AM) Reply
I love your dress - great style and I love the colour and pattern of your fabric.
MamaSewing said... (5/5/11 9:31 AM) Reply
I really like the fabric, the colors are great and your dress looks beautiful.
Bonnie O said... (5/5/11 6:52 AM) Reply
Your dress is great! I actually love this pattern and have made several as they are so comfy yet flattering. I completely agree about facings with knits.
mesewlot said... (5/5/11 1:43 AM) Reply
Love it~ beautiful colors!!

You Sew Girl 150mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern