Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4055

Member since: 10/2/08
Posted on:5/15/11 9:56 PM
Last Updated:5/15/11 10:00 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes
SJ Kurtz said... (4/3/15 10:54 PM) Reply
Oh man, I really wish I had read this FIRST. I have some recutting and a lot of ripping in front of me. The Simplicity edition, version B, is just awful. This pattern reminds me of why I went looking for something like PR all those years ago. Thank you so much for the links, the information, and your fine dress. I hope you are enjoying it still!
Cook Mae said... (5/24/11 11:15 PM) Reply
You did a wonderful job on this dress! I love the color you chose as well. Looks very lovely on you.
rmusic1 said... (5/18/11 5:05 PM) Reply
this is something I plan later this year, so thank you so much for the detailed review. Most of my dress making is intended for daily wear, but this is one thing I want to make, just for "me" because it is beautiful
Clev said... (5/17/11 2:58 PM) Reply
I think it looks fantastic !! I made it too but I had the opposite problem with the bodice. You look so good and I really admire your skills.
Trephas2003 said... (5/16/11 9:25 AM) Reply
It looks beautiful!
SewSho said... (5/16/11 1:53 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! I LOVE the colour and two tones in the fabrics!
StellaTB said... (5/15/11 10:11 PM) Reply
lovely, thanks for the review. I seem to be going back in time for my historical sewing and regency is next. you did a wonderful job! Thanks for the links back to the original pattern.
Aroura said... (5/15/11 10:10 PM) Reply
I am a long time admirer of this pattern (and dress style), but don't have a reason to make one. Yours is so beautiful, I think I'll have to come up with a reason! Truly lovely. I'm sorry your bodice measurement error causing you to add the zipper means you can't enter it in the fair, but it can't be seen from the exterior, so great fix. :)

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-117