Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3885 (Misses' Hats)

Reviewed by:Ericaeli

About Ericaelistar
NV USA
Member since: 6/23/09
Posted on:5/16/11 8:01 PM
Last Updated:5/30/11 2:42 PM

See other patterns in this category: Accessories

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

CrisB said... (5/31/11 7:14 AM) Reply
Great hats and a great review. Now I will have to get that pattern.
FloraNature said... (5/18/11 4:54 AM) Reply
What a wonderful review! You've made some lovely hats, and shared some great tips on how to achieve a really good finish. Your photos are very helpful!
Ericaeli said... (5/17/11 10:52 AM) Reply
Thank you everyone for the nice comments. @beginner patti, hats are really not hard to make. View A would be a great beginner project IMO. @Hilary, our weather turned very dreary after I finished my 7th hats, so I haven't gotten a picture of it on yet. I will get at picture as soon as the sun comes out again, and post it here. The other 3 hats of the 7 were view A's for my son's teacher, my best friend, and my mom, so I no longer have them with me.
Hilary said... (5/17/11 9:22 AM) Reply
Your hats are all Fantastic! This pattern was already on my wishlist and I am moving it to the top :p ~ I am also 5'1" and appreciate the tip on the wide brimmed hat. I would love to see a picture of the new (less wide brim) on you (and all the versions of the 7 you made, very industrious!) Thanks so much for the review and tips-I can't wait to make some!
PattiinATL said... (5/17/11 6:37 AM) Reply
cute hats and great review! I want to make these but I think I'm too much of a beginner. I will put in my wish list after reading your review and maybe I can work up to it! thanks for all the detail!
marec said... (5/17/11 0:49 AM) Reply
What wonderful hats. I love the purple one(view D?), though all would find a happy home in my closet.
TrixieSews said... (5/16/11 10:43 PM) Reply
Awesome hats! Great review, too. I have a big floppy hat on my list, really looking forward to making it now!
Nancywin said... (5/16/11 10:37 PM) Reply
Wow! I' so impressed with all of your hats. I have a couple of hat patterns and have not made them. Yours are so inspiring. At first, I thought your thumbnail was of the Amy Butler Blue Sky hat. Vogue also has a large hat like this. I had no idea that KS even had hat patterns. Again, I LOVE your hats!!
poppykettle said... (5/16/11 9:11 PM) Reply
Oh wow! I had no idea there that a hat pattern like this existed - so it's now on my 'to get' list. Thanks so much for all you comments, especially regarding the wire from the hardware shop. Seems odd that the sizes between hats end up working out differently, and especially that there are no fabric recommendations! Fabulous hats by the way :)
Elona said... (5/16/11 8:15 PM) Reply
Wow, what a great binge of hat-making. I like 'em all, but love the huge, wire-rimmed one. In your photos, it's clear that that one gives you DEEP shade, and being pale as a ghost, that's what I need. It's also the first hat pattern I've ever seen that uses wire in the brim, which I think is terrific for putting a shape in the brim because you need to keep it that way due to sun/wind direction, or because it just looks better with the brim flipped one way or the other. Great review! Thank you.

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)

Christine Jonson Easy Coat