Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5211 (Knock-Off Contest Entry)

Review submitted in Knock-Off Contest - 2011 Contest
Reviewed by:pegsewer

About pegsewerstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 10/6/10
Posted on:5/30/11 10:16 AM
Last Updated:5/30/11 10:45 AM

mylittleelephant said... (6/13/11 12:03 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for recording you process in your blog, I will have a fun reading it, your dress is impressive and just stunning, congratulation!!!
Rosesred said... (6/7/11 10:26 AM) Reply
What an awesome knockoff looks so very chic on you!
Sewingelle said... (6/7/11 0:21 AM) Reply
awesome!
annakeeton said... (6/3/11 6:01 PM) Reply
This was fun to follow your process with creating your dress- you nailed the drape!
JillyBe said... (6/3/11 2:12 PM) Reply
I'm glad you stuck with it, because I think the results are fabulous! And you wear it so well :)
Ann Smith said... (6/2/11 7:24 PM) Reply
What an amazing process you went through to achieve this knockoff. Now will you produce the pattern for me? I love this.
MACANNE999 said... (6/2/11 4:16 PM) Reply
I can't vote as I haven't been a member long enough, but if I could I would vote for your dress.
Dale C said... (6/2/11 2:53 PM) Reply
What a unique, interesting dress! I really love the way the asymmetrical lines are emphasized by the drape. All your work paid off.
Mahogany Stylist said... (6/2/11 1:57 PM) Reply
Spectacular to say the least. Your final version is priceless. Good luck!
Aroura said... (6/2/11 1:05 PM) Reply
Wow, very impressive! What a lot of work, but a great finished piece. You look fantastic!
Carol Mendoza said... (5/31/11 1:06 PM) Reply
It turned out great!
SewWil said... (5/31/11 12:22 PM) Reply
Your dress turned out GREAT!!! It looks wonderful on you. I've enjoyed reading about the process of making this dress.
fattyboomboom said... (5/31/11 9:09 AM) Reply
Your perseverance is truly inspirational! Congratulations on all your hard work and a beautiful dress too!
mm said... (5/30/11 9:07 PM) Reply
Success at last. Well done you. It looks fantastic and what a journey of discovery.
Karendee said... (5/30/11 8:48 PM) Reply
Excuse all the posts.
Karendee said... (5/30/11 8:48 PM) Reply
You have really risen to face the challenge of replicating that design. I so enjoyed following along as you were making all those dresses.
Karendee said... (5/30/11 8:47 PM) Reply
Karendee said... (5/30/11 8:47 PM) Reply
Annette1 said... (5/30/11 6:16 PM) Reply
Just WHO'S knocking off WHOM here? :o) This is fabulous and, just as Dorothy says, so YOU. :o) I love the colors, too. (It's been so long since I've commented on PR, I'm almost too embarassed TO comment, but here I am anyway!) BRAVO!
Karenino said... (5/30/11 5:05 PM) Reply
I had a look at your blog pictures and I can really see how the "evolution" of the drape and lines developed through all your muslins towards your final product. Really wonderful! Congrats!
arianamaniacs said... (5/30/11 3:11 PM) Reply
So much work, but it turned out great! I bet you feel great when you wear this. I love the asymetrical cut!
DorothyK said... (5/30/11 2:58 PM) Reply
Peggy, the final product is spectacular - so YOU! You carry the dress and the to-die-for earrings fantastically well. I like your choice of fabric and colors. They work very well. I bet this dress would also work in a silk noil. You should be very proud of this endeavor.

by: VirginiasD...