Misses Sizes (Bust 30" - 44.5")] [Women's sizes (Bust 43" - 55")]">Fit the Tee to a T Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1158 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:fattyboomboom

About fattyboomboomstarstar
USA
Member since: 2/10/09
Posted on:6/28/11 3:38 PM

Cathee said... (7/5/11 1:27 PM) Reply
Love it. You look amazing in it. Love, love, love the fabric.
Obrooks770 said... (6/29/11 1:23 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, great job. It looks great on you!
lakaribane said... (6/29/11 10:34 AM) Reply
FB, thanks for the clarification. I was wondering if it was the shoulder pad space but it seems to be personal fitting issues. Really cute dress, worth the hassle!
fattyboomboom said... (6/29/11 9:33 AM) Reply
Thanks for the kind comments! Lakaribane, yes, 1.5 inches is indeed a huge adjustment. I just checked the pattern pieces again, and yes, I took out the entire 1.5 inches between the shoulder and bust. I usually only take 1 inch, but then I end up making another adjustment at the shoulder seam, and sometimes I'm just stuck with an ill-fitting bodice. Consider that my height is just under 5 feet. In the past, I would adjust between the bust and waist, but I've come to realize that my short-waistedness may actually be short-bustedness!
mesewlot said... (6/29/11 1:14 AM) Reply
Purple is one of my most favorite colors; the stye if this dress is great..it fits you very well!
Elemenopeo said... (6/28/11 11:40 PM) Reply
very pretty
ArtAttack said... (6/28/11 10:35 PM) Reply
Gorgeous and looks beautiful on you...great fabric
ingysoup said... (6/28/11 9:35 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress!!! It looks great on you!
lakaribane said... (6/28/11 4:31 PM) Reply
I truly love this pattern. Reminds me that I was all set to make it when I got...distracted. I'm also stealing your idea of a silk dress since I have some in stash. One question, though: did you take all the 1.5in btw Shoulder and Bust or did you take some too btw Bust and Waist? I know the shoulder pads added length to the upper part of the bodice but 1.5in sounds like a lot.

More Knits