Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5009 (Boot Skirt)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:8/25/04 9:44 AM
Last Updated:8/25/04 6:25 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
Gigi Louis said... (8/31/04 12:41 PM) Reply
Great looking skirt! It's very flattering on you.
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (8/30/04 5:56 PM) Reply
Cute! Your skirt has a classy expensive look. Nice fabric choice, too.
JDpenelope said... (8/29/04 7:55 AM) Reply
You look beautiful in this pegged skirt. From your review .and the comments, it looks like a "must have".
Danvillegirl said... (8/27/04 4:57 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this.
Jennifer shaw said... (8/27/04 3:08 PM) Reply
I love your skirt. It really looks wonderful on you, as does your pretty top.
xela said... (8/27/04 10:14 AM) Reply
Skirt is fabulous on you. Great job. I'm glad to see you are wearing boots and find it very interesting that the "Boot Skirt" pattern front neither of the models is wearing boots :-) Thanks
PVA said... (8/26/04 5:50 PM) Reply
Deepika, great skirt! I've had my eye on that style, my self, but I have to loose a few more inches off the backside, first! I'm getting there! I'm interested in this pattern, as well as "the other one", so many thanks for this review! Thanks, too, for the heads-up about measurements!
Katharine in BXL said... (8/26/04 5:44 PM) Reply
Nice work, Deepika! Thanks for the heads-up on a wardrobe staple pattern that whips up in an hour. Who isn't looking for one of those?
sewywabbit said... (8/26/04 12:00 PM) Reply
Deepika, thanks for the review. I too ordered this from Sewing Place, dont have it yey (maybe today!) and your review helped to assuage my "buyer's remorse". Really, though, I have never regretted a single LH purchase and have been lucky that so far they have all been keepers. Can't wait to see the FFC knit, thats how I see the front vent view, too. Good job.
SouthernStitch said... (8/26/04 9:55 AM) Reply
I like the pegged look on you, and the boots look good with it. It's not overly pegged, and the elastic does not look bulky. Great job.
Karla Kizer said... (8/26/04 7:01 AM) Reply
Wow - you sewed this one up in a hurry! Didn't you just order the pattern? Looks like a perfect amount of ease, and I think you'll be glad you spent the money for this pattern. After all, with one skirt, you've saved enough money to more than pay for the pattern. Good choice.
Deepika said... (8/26/04 6:50 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for such nice comments! Kris my bad... it does have lycra but since the fabric is a loose weave it does not retain its shape too easily. pressing was also challenging on it. But I still love the texture on the fabric and thinking of ordering the red in it.sewsue pegging means to slightly taper the side seams from hip to the hemline. The taper is very slight but it gives a slimmer look than a straight skirt. Sandra betzina recommends pegging all straight skirts. Hope this helps. I am going to try the longer version with vent soon.
sewsue said... (8/26/04 5:03 AM) Reply
Nice outfit Deepika. I have heard the term "pegged" used a lot, but could someone please tell me what it actually means in relation to this skirt?
SewTabby said... (8/26/04 0:09 AM) Reply
Great skirt and boots, too!
alicia said... (8/25/04 11:59 PM) Reply
I love elastic... will have to look at this. Looks awesome on you!
Liana said... (8/25/04 10:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I've been wishing someone would do one. I have the Brussels and love it, and didn't know if I really needed this. What do you think?
Kris O said... (8/25/04 9:54 PM) Reply
That's a great skirt for you, Deepika. BTW, the FFC fabric description says it's 5% lycra--does it really not have any?
gabrielle said... (8/25/04 8:45 PM) Reply
Hey, thanks for reviewing this! I've been hoping someone would, and it looks really nice on you.
Karen Bowers said... (8/25/04 7:20 PM) Reply
deepika, it's great to see how the pegging looks on a real person! it's very cute on you. i'll look forward to seeing your view A.
jlg said... (8/25/04 6:57 PM) Reply
Nice looking skirt, Deepika. You look very pretty in this outfit. I love the other elastic waist Textile Studio and Loes Hinse skirts so I know that I will eventually get this one too; so thanks for the review.
drsue said... (8/25/04 6:40 PM) Reply
Nice job. A reliable straight skirt pattern is always good to have.

by: FreyaStark