Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5847

Other Projects by Lynnelle using this Pattern

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

MilongueraThreads said... (7/18/13 10:13 AM) Reply
Thank you for this! I picked this pattern out to duplicate a denim shirtdress I had in college also, and we're the same size! Your dress looks great and I hope the second one you make turns out wonderfully as well!
madbadger said... (7/7/13 1:16 PM) Reply
Really great dress - was looking at shirt dress patterns and your review (and dress) sold me on this one - thanks for writing an excellent review.
AndreaSews said... (7/20/11 10:52 PM) Reply
Your dress is fabulous! A great fit, and great construction. It's making me want to run out and get this pattern!
Steffie said... (7/4/11 8:12 AM) Reply
This dress looks even better in person -- I have had the pleasure of seeing it. You did such a great job on this one, Lynn. Very nice!
Ruth Designs said... (6/22/11 5:40 PM) Reply
You did a great job!
ArtAttack said... (6/19/11 11:56 PM) Reply
Adorable! Looks great on you...
cmcarr said... (6/19/11 10:43 PM) Reply
I love your dress. The fit is perfect. I recently made this dress but I have to work on the fit. I have another cut and ready to go. Very comfy.
michellep74 said... (6/19/11 9:42 PM) Reply
The dress looks great, and it fits you perfectly! I'm glad that you're making more of these.
Erin D said... (6/19/11 6:34 PM) Reply
Your alterations really paid off-the fit of the dress looks great. Love the topstitching!
Sigrid. said... (6/19/11 3:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful, perfect topstitching. Love it on you as well.
Margaret said... (6/19/11 11:16 AM) Reply
Looks great on you, excellent fit! The topstitching is really nice!
RLL said... (6/19/11 11:12 AM) Reply
Nothing better than a shirtdress in denim. It will never go out of style!
becca a said... (6/19/11 10:56 AM) Reply
What a great shirtdress! Your topstitching is gorgeous, and your fit is perfect.
jbrewer said... (6/19/11 9:27 AM) Reply
How clever to make the dress out of denim! I'm really impressed with your perfect topstitching and your fitting. The belt adds a lot too. Great job!
Scheryka said... (6/19/11 7:53 AM) Reply
Great job! You could not have bought it better!
Knitters Delight said... (6/19/11 1:57 AM) Reply
It really does look like you picked it up at a store. Nothing homemade about this dress!
Terri A said... (6/19/11 0:52 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (6/19/11 0:00 AM) Reply
I love your shirtdress. The topstitching looks very professional and the button choice really works. This is my choice of pattern for a shirtdress too so I'm going to tuck your review away for future reference. Thanks.
RobinE said... (6/18/11 11:29 PM) Reply
You did a great job-- it looks beautiful on you! Thanks for the great review.
Q Valley Mary said... (6/18/11 11:15 PM) Reply
I wasn't overly impressed with this pattern till I saw what you did with it. Great dress!
SheBear0320 said... (6/18/11 10:53 PM) Reply
Love your denim dress and the fit is fabulous -- a denim dress is on my future sewing list ... I'll definitely be keeping this pattern in mind. Thanks for a great review.
Lynnelle said... (6/18/11 9:47 PM) Reply
Thank you all for the comments. To get the topstitching even, I use my machine's blind hem foot to sew the line closest to the seam. Then I switch to the zigzag foot and move the needle over a bit (1.0 on my machine). In both cases, I set my machine's speed to sew slowly; this gives me the greatest amount of control.
Patti B said... (6/18/11 9:47 PM) Reply
This is such a classic and cute too. Nicely done!
bananaoil said... (6/18/11 9:29 PM) Reply
Your topstitching is excellent! I have one of these on my to do list. Have yet to track down just the right lightweight denim. Get yourself a thimble that fits your middle finger. Use it to push the needle through anything. I suffered till I learned to sew with a thimble. Now hand sewing is actually pleasant.
Sallygirl1 said... (6/18/11 9:15 PM) Reply
I just finished looking at your dress on the Summer Dress Challenge. It looks like a purchased jean dress.
1betsy1 said... (6/18/11 8:38 PM) Reply
Very nice dress. And what a Great review! Thanks
Kay Y said... (6/18/11 8:27 PM) Reply
What a great looking dress! Enjoy it.

Ottobre Woman Magazine 02-2013-2