Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2222 (Misses' & Miss Petite Dresses or Romper. SUEDEsays)

Reviewed by:rutaliet

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Vellegazelle said... (7/10/13 3:14 PM) Reply
Nicely done. How did you insert the drawstring with the elastic?
MissMaddiePi said... (8/31/12 6:55 PM) Reply
Wow! I'm in love with your dres - it's perfect. The topstitching, back design, fabric choice and styling is impeccable. I hope to be able to sew like this someday, especially with a knit. Thank you so much for posting all the views and for the tips about bias tape and facings, as well as your opinion on the racerback top; I've been on the fence about it. Awesome job.
sewnaomi said... (8/26/11 3:01 PM) Reply
I made the romper and found that the size was one size too big, so I took it up that much and it still fits loose. My romper is in a brown linen and topstiched in an off white. I shortened the top by 2 inches and added it to the top of the shorts. I also added 1 1/2 inches to the length of the shorts to wear them to work. I didn't have the bias tape-topstiching problem. I made my own bias and first stiched it onto the wrong side and then folded it over to the front and topstiched. I would recomend this pattern with the warning about the amount of ease and the wrong side first topstiching trick. It looks classy but my belly sticks out more than the model on the front of the pattern. Miss size 16; it happens.
sewtofit said... (6/21/11 11:52 PM) Reply
This dress is really nice in that fabric. You did a great job! I will make this dress now that I see it looks good in my size. (-d
FLFiFiLarue said... (6/20/11 6:47 PM) Reply
Really Really cute! Nice job!
21wale said... (6/12/11 7:51 PM) Reply
Wow, perfect stitching!
Jacqui315 said... (6/12/11 5:39 PM) Reply
You did a wonderful job making notes. It looks very cute, especially with the top stitching!
Claverie said... (6/12/11 3:15 PM) Reply
Really nice. Love the fabric, the buttons, and the chain belt ;)
Amanda.Claire said... (6/12/11 3:05 PM) Reply
Perfect stitching...hats off! Cute dress too.
Sewiing Sue said... (6/12/11 11:37 AM) Reply
Very nice detail on upper back. Smart styling on front with pockets, etc. I like all three front views--belt, chain, drawstring. A much nicer looking garment than I would have thought from seeing the pattern. Nice!
Knitters Delight said... (6/12/11 10:53 AM) Reply
The top stitching & back design look great! Thanks foe the info on the bias tape.
Scheryka said... (6/12/11 9:46 AM) Reply
Great job! I had the same problems with the pattern. I made the romper though. I lost my note sheet while doing the review. By the time I was done, I had forgot what I stumbled through! lol I think I will do the next one in a knit too. Looks very well done and the top stitching is great too.

BurdaStyle Magazine 08-2013-106

by: CissieW

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

J Stern Designs Womens Jeans Pattern