Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8513 (flared pants with yoke)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:8/31/04 8:52 AM
See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew    Pants
PVA said... (9/3/04 9:09 PM) Reply
WOW -- ditto all of the above! Thank you for a really great review & all of the helpful tips.
Rennie Ashby said... (9/3/04 7:07 AM) Reply
Never noticed this pattern. The pattern photo looks too young for me but now I must think again as I see (once again) that really depends on fabric choice, etc. Thanks for this review.
Danvillegirl said... (9/1/04 6:28 PM) Reply
The pants are very flattering on you. Love the look of the zipper, you did a great job.
Deepika said... (9/1/04 10:29 AM) Reply
You guys ROCK! Thanks for such nice comments. You know thats why I got off my lazy ... and finished these pants. You all motivate me! After wearing it for a whole day at work yesterday I realised that I should have taken these in a bit. They are comforatable but I feel that I have to pull them up a bit every now and then. So in the next pair I will definitely make that small alteration. I really want to learn how Karla converted these pants to fly front. I love the shape and fit of these pants and would like to reuse this pattern many times. sewsue I didnt measure the hem but Karla mentioned in her review that they are 23" at the widest part. But since they were too long on me I had to do a 2.5" hem so its not that wide for me. I like this this way. How high they sit on the waist? Well I'd say just at the belly button.
slow to sew said... (9/1/04 7:57 AM) Reply
Very attractive! Thank you for your great reviews and for patternreview.com! You really inspire a beginner!
JDpenelope said... (9/1/04 6:44 AM) Reply
Sensational on you! I believe this is the style recommended by those What Not to Wear girls. I put it in my favorites. 'Course it helps to have your slender, youthful curves.
Katharine in BXL said... (9/1/04 3:16 AM) Reply
Perfect fit! Great color too. Thanks for the tips on stabilizing the crotch and waist--I'll try that. :)
Schnauzer said... (9/1/04 0:33 AM) Reply
Great pants! Great fit!
Joyfullife said... (8/31/04 11:59 PM) Reply
Wow, great job! I'm jealous that you can make a pair of pants right out of the envelope.
Debbie Spriggs said... (8/31/04 8:48 PM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous! Great fit!
Karla Kizer said... (8/31/04 7:22 PM) Reply
I'm so glad this pattern worked for you; it sure worked for Laura. And I'm glad you forced yourself to finish them. They look perfect.
Lorna C. Newman said... (8/31/04 7:14 PM) Reply
Love the tip about the side zip, Deepika! I always have a VERY curved s.s. on pants in the zip zone, so I tend to avoid side zips as I can never get them to fit properly. I can see great potential in this method! I may retry a previous pair of pants with this method. Is this a two piece yoke or a four piece?
Meredith P said... (8/31/04 6:10 PM) Reply
I echo the WOW! These look really great on you and wonderful sewing job. The photos and review are very helpful. May have to check this one out, although I don't have your "youthful" figure.
sewsue said... (8/31/04 5:16 PM) Reply
sewsue said... (8/31/04 5:14 PM) Reply
Great pair of pants. Excellent fit. Thanks for the information about the zip, I always find a side zip challenging because of the curve which makes the fabric stretchy! I will be trying this pattern. Just 1 question, how wide are they at the hems and how high or low is the waist? Sorry, that's 2 questions actually!
Jennifer shaw said... (8/31/04 5:10 PM) Reply
Great pants! They are very flattering on you.
Leslie in Austin said... (8/31/04 4:03 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! The fit is beautiful on you--very figure flattering!
alicia said... (8/31/04 2:01 PM) Reply
They fit you beautifully!! Great review.
cindyann said... (8/31/04 1:49 PM) Reply
They do ROCK. Love the style, the side zip and the shape of the pocket. Your zip looks fab, btw. Adding to wish list.
Skymom said... (8/31/04 1:39 PM) Reply
Really chic, Deepika. You did a great job on these, and I hope will feel more comfortable working with wovens in the future after this success. Your zipper looks very good--and you aligned the yoke seam on each side of it perfectly, which can be quite tricky. I love the boot-leg cut on you.
Gigi Louis said... (8/31/04 12:39 PM) Reply
Great looking pants, Deepika!
SewTabby said... (8/31/04 12:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful pants! They flatter you perfectly :)
SouthernStitch said... (8/31/04 11:37 AM) Reply
I love these too, with the wide yoke. Wish I could wear Burdas but I'm too flat butt. Your pockets look so professional also!
captreestarfish said... (8/31/04 11:18 AM) Reply
Hi Deepika. Thanks for such a detailed review..very helpful. Those pants are very metro chic. The bootleg style really suits you and I'm determined to try it when I'm feeling more adventurous. Paron Fabrics is a fabulous place and what a great buy with 3$ a yard Liz Claiborne. NICE!
Diane E said... (8/31/04 10:14 AM) Reply
Wow, these are great pants. They fit you beautifully!
gabrielle said... (8/31/04 10:02 AM) Reply
Love those pants! Your legs look about ten miles long.
Lou. said... (8/31/04 9:56 AM) Reply
Deepika, I have to say I think these are the best pants you've made. They're great!
JoleneF said... (8/31/04 9:51 AM) Reply
These pants fit you real good. Thanks for the tip about the zipper. I have not tried zippered pants yet, maybe one of these days.....
jlg said... (8/31/04 9:51 AM) Reply
Beautiful Deepika. You look so slim and long legged.
Teri said... (8/31/04 9:50 AM) Reply
Love the pants!
SandraB said... (8/31/04 9:21 AM) Reply
Very nice Deepika. These pants fit you really well. Very flattering.

by: SouthernSt...