Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 426 (Shirred Top & Princess Wrap)

Reviewed by:EveS

About EveSstarstarstarstar
MI USA
Member since: 11/26/06
Posted on:6/23/11 2:57 PM

ArtAttack said... (6/26/11 11:20 PM) Reply
Great review and even greater looking top...I've wondered about this pattern and you have weighted the scale to the "yes" side!
Heatherrique said... (6/25/11 0:47 AM) Reply
Simply a superb looking top on you!
sewing for fun said... (6/24/11 11:16 AM) Reply
You made a BEAUTIFUL top. I love this pattern - made it a bunch of times, from tshirt fabrics to silver stretch velvet. I, too, had to tweak it. For the neckline, I stabilized using very soft 3/8" knitted elastic - stretched just a bit at neckline and not at all from CF towards side seams. Zigzagged, turned and double needle topstitched. I had the same placement problems... needed an FBA, but still wished the edge crossed at a different spot. For the cap sleeve, I cut 4 and do a self-lined sleeve... stitch RST at hemline, turn and press and you get a very nice lined sleeve with NO hemming :) I also love the CJ keyhole top - it is my TNT T with some changes no neck and hemlines.
cindy-lou said... (6/24/11 9:41 AM) Reply
ADORE the top. You made my day with this review! I have my free CJ pattern on my desk, and it inspired me to order a couple more. Can't wait to try her patterns out!
mssewcrazy said... (6/24/11 7:59 AM) Reply
The top is really great looking. I missed the other 50 something reviews somehow and loved the link to the clear elastic tip. Thanks.
pterion said... (6/24/11 0:44 AM) Reply
Good pattern score! Although I hear what you're saying about being more comfortable with a little extra length for tops, I think this proportion works better with your cropped pants. Nice ensemble, Eve!
marec said... (6/24/11 0:42 AM) Reply
As always, I learned some new tips when reading one of your reviews-thanks for the info about using standard elastic on the neckline. Your top looks just perfect on you-it is very flattering.
Christas said... (6/23/11 9:12 PM) Reply
Your new top looks great on you!
Leslie in Austin said... (6/23/11 6:07 PM) Reply
What a pretty and flattering top!!!
Mahogany Stylist said... (6/23/11 5:15 PM) Reply
Great looking outfit.
MNBarb said... (6/23/11 4:48 PM) Reply
Very flattering fit. I like to see these patterns made up for real life since the pattern art is so stylized. Thanks for the review since I don't remember the other 49.
Bonnie O said... (6/23/11 3:44 PM) Reply
Great top, Eve!
Knitters Delight said... (6/23/11 3:36 PM) Reply
Your top really looks well put together. Love the black and white, too.
Mermie said... (6/23/11 3:27 PM) Reply
This is one of my all time favorites. I agree about adding length. I add 2" to mine. Your top looks great on you and looks faboo with your ridiculously comfy pants.

by: julliams