Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1250 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:Ejegmama

About Ejegmamastarstar
NC USA
Member since: 3/6/10

Best Patterns of 2011
Posted on:6/22/11 2:42 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/23/11 2:31 PM) Reply
Great color, great looking dress!
Ejegmama said... (6/22/11 10:16 PM) Reply
Thanks ladies, I probably will shorten the next one but this is a good length for chasing the 3yo around town as I won't flash anyone by mistake. I doubt I will go down a size though I'm pretty sure I'd be uncomfortable if it were more fitted on the bottom half.
Claverie said... (6/22/11 7:50 PM) Reply
I love the color too... and this pattern is harder to cut out than to sew! I would have recommended going down a size, but 'sewtofit' and 'Laurie Lou' made excellent suggestions --shorten and taper. ;)
Debbie Cook said... (6/22/11 4:26 PM) Reply
I'm glad you added your review to the mix. It looks great, such a nice color on you! Funny about the shapewear, but more comfortable so that's a good thing!
marec said... (6/22/11 3:41 PM) Reply
Laurie is right-this looks good on you because you have curves. The draping enhances your curves and must hide your tummy because I don't see it.:)
sewtofit said... (6/22/11 3:40 PM) Reply
This color is lovely on you. The dress is pretty also. If I may recommend; taper the sides in from the hem 1 inch from the hem to mid thigh. Those of us with a triangle shape, need to "give" the appearance of "straight" by making the sideseam taper to the hem. I would recommend shortening it by 1 inch also. You will be quite surprised at the difference it will make. All-in-all though, you did a great job.
Laurie Lou said... (6/22/11 3:35 PM) Reply
I think this looks better on you than the model... No kidding. I avoided this pattern cuz I thought it looked Dumpy but I think it takes a real body to make it look good...one with a figure. plus it does have that slenderizing quality....On you tho I think I might shorten it a bit...just my own personal opinion. Thanks for a great review and enjoyed reading your blog!

Advance Pattern Company 7772