Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2931

Member since: 1/6/10
Posted on:6/26/11 4:27 PM
Last Updated:6/26/11 5:29 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
KathleenS said... (3/11/12 7:21 AM) Reply
Wow! Well done, and thanks for all the detail; it's really interesting to read.
barb90 said... (9/6/11 5:16 PM) Reply
I pretty much changed my dress idea I'm going for this one http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod132010006&parentId=cat27490731&masterId=&index=1&cmCat=cat000000cat000001cat40550765cat000131cat10040734cat27490731&isEditorial=false . I just wish there was a way to hind the seam line on the bust and I'm going to use a bodice top
barb90 said... (9/6/11 5:15 PM) Reply
Ooo..One more thing does it tell you how to sew on the netting because I want some puff. I'm trying to achieve this look.....Ann Barge Windsor http://wedding.ustcan.com/wedding-dresses/designer/anne-barge/dress/sweetheart/mermaid/floor-length/windsor/ and I might make the train a bit longer or is it all ready really long. I ordered the pattern but had to return it bc it was the wrong size so I didn't get to read it. Thanks for your help.
barb90 said... (8/27/11 1:08 PM) Reply
That's what I was thinking. I will just another bodice top. Thanks
Wormymole said... (8/27/11 12:55 PM) Reply
Barb90 - you can make the dress without the bow but because the way the bodice is constructed there will be seams over the bust. See my early pics to see what I mean. Straps can be left out if you make the foundation garment. You could try a bodice from another pattern but you'll have to adjust it to fit to the skirt.
barb90 said... (8/19/11 8:14 PM) Reply
hey I willing be using this pattern too,to make a lace gown. My question is about the top, I wont be using the bow and straps do you think I will need a new bodice top bc it seems like I will new too i'll just buy another dress with a nice bodice top and sew it on to this one.
Peter in NYC said... (8/8/11 7:35 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous! Great job and I love the way you modified the bodice. That bow...ugh.
Sewnla said... (7/2/11 11:58 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous bride your daughter was in her dress. You did a magnificent job. Really appreciated all the great pictures. Such beautiful work.
sewtofit said... (7/2/11 10:05 PM) Reply
What an excellent display of workmanship. "Professional" you are. "For hire" maybe not. But definately "professional!" Just gorgeous!
sewcool21 said... (7/1/11 11:17 AM) Reply
This dress is gorgeous!
poppykettle said... (6/28/11 3:18 AM) Reply
JUST AMAZING. I'm so impressed and 'G' looks so fabulous and happy! Such a great job :)
Kay Y said... (6/27/11 10:00 PM) Reply
Floofage :D This is a very pretty dress! Nice job modifying the bodice!
Ericaeli said... (6/27/11 5:35 PM) Reply
What an amazing dress!
VirginiasDghter said... (6/27/11 4:29 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous! I appreciate how you cataloged photos marking the various stages of making this beautiful dress. Very, very nice work!
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/27/11 2:07 PM) Reply
Your daughter's dress is absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing and for all the lovely photos.
SewWil said... (6/27/11 12:20 PM) Reply
Stunning!!! Your daughter looks radiant. Great job and great review!
MaryDB said... (6/27/11 11:13 AM) Reply
Absolutely lovely! Beautiful work. Nice job. Thanks for the review.
squirrellypoo said... (6/27/11 9:27 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful!! Your hard work is clearly apparent here and the bride is radiant. I'm also so happy to hear there's another newlywed US-UK couple with a handmade wedding gown!! :)
SewSho said... (6/27/11 8:16 AM) Reply
Amazing dress!
JillyBe said... (6/27/11 3:24 AM) Reply
oh. my. gosh. LOVE your pictorial story! And the dress is a smashingly beautiful success! I love every single detail about it - a special day made even more so by the love and detail you put into everything. Thank you for taking us on such a delightful journey!
kremmer said... (6/27/11 1:45 AM) Reply
You need to stop referring to yourself as an amateur dressmaker! Fantastic dress!
Karen Easter said... (6/27/11 0:49 AM) Reply
Perfect dress! And it's a perfect pairing with the groom's kilt and Prince Charlie!
slmstyle said... (6/26/11 11:41 PM) Reply
Beautiful job on your daughter's wedding gown!She looks fantastic in it and I'm sure was very proud to wear what you created just for her on her special day. Great work! What a lucky lady to have a great mom like you :)
Irene said... (6/26/11 11:26 PM) Reply
This is amazing dress, especially since you made up so much as you went along. Multi-colored, multi-textured floofage is such a fun touch. Your daughter's sense of style (40's bathing suit) compliments her physical features beautifully. What a wonderful set of wedding experiences and memories you and your daughter share!
mesewlot said... (6/26/11 10:56 PM) Reply
Wow-OMG-Superb and all words in between, what an awesome job you did creating this wedding gown ...the fit is fantastic! You should be so overwhelmingly proud of yourself! Thanks for sharing all those wonderful pictures!!
Elona said... (6/26/11 10:48 PM) Reply
What an absolutely gorgeous gown! I loved your account of modifying it and putting it together, and the result is truly stunning. As an aside, the groom's kilt ain't too shabby, either. They didn't cheat on the yardage, and the kilt has great swing.
miausiau said... (6/26/11 10:08 PM) Reply
What a great photo journey and one gorgeous dress!!! Thank you for all the details! Best wishes to the newlyweds.
DaisyEsq said... (6/26/11 9:48 PM) Reply
The wedding gown is stunning! Your daughter looked radiant in her well fitting gown and your photo journal is truly special.
cindy-lou said... (6/26/11 9:45 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, beautiful bride, and beautiful accomplishment. What a wonderful thing to have done, and what a beautiful memory to have!
Elke said... (6/26/11 9:12 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress and bride!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (6/26/11 7:52 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Beautiful bride!! Handsome couple!!! ;)
brrmm said... (6/26/11 7:50 PM) Reply
Oh what a beautful dress !! Absolutely love the underneath foofness with that little bit of blue peeping through. Gorgeous wedding. Congrats on a magnificent job wit the dress.
ArtAttack said... (6/26/11 7:42 PM) Reply
It is simply glorious! What a fabulous job...congrats!
QueenZ said... (6/26/11 6:36 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous!
no7262 said... (6/26/11 6:23 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous! You really did an amazing job! Nora :)
Finicky Petite said... (6/26/11 6:20 PM) Reply
This dress and the bride are so glamourous! Thank you for sharing!
Erin D said... (6/26/11 6:16 PM) Reply
This dress is really beautiful. The ivory color of the fabric really suits your daughter, and all of your tremendous work paid off!
michellep74 said... (6/26/11 6:00 PM) Reply
What an amazing dress! Your daughter made a beautiful bride.
Baba Yaga said... (6/26/11 5:37 PM) Reply
I'm sitting here all teary but with a big smile on my face. Lovely dress! Lovely pictures! Lovely wedding! And, what a lovely mum!
Wormymole said... (6/26/11 5:35 PM) Reply
Yay Daughter sorted out my picture links issues.
rmusic1 said... (6/26/11 5:32 PM) Reply
what a labour of love. I cant believe the amount of work you've put in to making and modifying that dress. I'm ambitious, but something like that is totally beyond me! congratulations, it is amazing.
Wormymole said... (6/26/11 5:21 PM) Reply
I can direct you to my flickr page (if it works!) where I have more pictures including making the dress. http://www.flickr.com/photos/61163376@N00/sets/72157626927518029/
Wormymole said... (6/26/11 5:18 PM) Reply
Hi Thanks for looking at my review so quickly. Yes I'm working on a bigger picture! My computing skills are not on par with my dressmaking and my daughter promised to help but she's skyping her husband - they married but now are waiting for relevant visas to allow her into the States.
Elona said... (6/26/11 5:14 PM) Reply
I bet the dress is lovely, but the photo is unfortunately beyond teeny-tiny.
rivergum said... (6/26/11 5:02 PM) Reply
Can we have a larger pic please? I would really love to have a look.

More Knits