Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 3023 (Tankini and Skirtini)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:6/28/11 9:38 PM
Last Updated:7/2/11 3:21 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear
KathySews said... (5/24/12 8:20 PM) Reply
thanks for the information. Although I am about 5 times bigger than you, I am considering this suit and will come back to your review for the information.
MelissaB in WA said... (12/13/11 3:08 PM) Reply
Two fabulous swimsuit! Thank you for posting your review. I really like the style and it looks easy to fit and make.
Sew4Fun said... (7/2/11 7:50 PM) Reply
Fabulous tankini tops. I like the version with the boy shorts. Nice combination.
ryan's mom said... (7/2/11 7:08 PM) Reply
Love it!!! I'm been making swimwear but can't wear it yet. I need to take care of the veins on my legs so they look as nice as yours :) ! The back of my legs are especially scarey lol.
sewing for fun said... (7/2/11 4:01 PM) Reply
They both look fantastic! Can't decide which one I like better, but the black trim with the blue/black stripes is an especially wonderful color combo. I have mine pattern traced, but not cut. Probably start out with a workout top and hope for the best on my more plump figure... then on to swim tops. My bust requires a specialized sports bra, but an added shelf bra helps even more with extra support - I really need that. I am also hoping this will work in cotton lycra with shelf bra and added swim cups as a casual summer top when I don't want to wear a "real" bra. Thanks so much for inspiring me once again!
AndreaSews said... (7/2/11 3:53 PM) Reply
Beautiful work, and fits you like a glove.
rutaliet said... (6/29/11 1:32 PM) Reply
Seems to me that this works fine without the shelf bra. I am small busted and find that the shelf bra really has no value and actually adds unnecessary bulk. But I like your idea of adding slightly padded bra cups - I just never find any that are small enough for me. This top looks really good on you!
Christas said... (6/29/11 9:00 AM) Reply
Looks great! You are so prolific! I wish I had some of your sewing mojo. I can't wait to see the final top.
cleverkitty said... (6/29/11 8:31 AM) Reply
you described my clavicles perfectly LOL I love the idea of this top worn with shorts it's on my list of patterns. Thanks for bringing it to my attention :)
Amanda.Claire said... (6/29/11 7:31 AM) Reply
Very cute Jalie top! You are in such great shape...Yay you!
Mushywear said... (6/29/11 2:44 AM) Reply
This does look like a perfect workout top and tankini. Thanks for highlighting it!
MissMarnie said... (6/28/11 11:32 PM) Reply
It looks great on you. May have to put this pattern on my wishlist :)
redrockcity said... (6/28/11 10:29 PM) Reply
Thank you! Its always good to know there are patterns out there for straighter figures (-:
renren said... (6/28/11 10:25 PM) Reply
Very nice! Does nothing slow you down? Everytime I check the gallery, there is something new you have sewn!

by: Sue Parrot...