Pattern Reviews> Other> Let's Make Lingerie 500 (Misses' Bra-Gown)

Reviewed by:Margaret

About Margaretstarstarstarstar
BC Canada
Member since: 11/4/02
Posted on:6/29/11 5:21 AM

kaitiaki said... (8/2/11 5:26 PM) Reply
It's gorgeous!
Margaret said... (6/30/11 5:25 AM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! Elemenopeo, that could be -- maybe there was a bed jacket pattern offered by the same company to go with it. I'm thinking of making one from my remaining fabric, if I can decide on a good shape.
treefrog said... (6/29/11 6:46 PM) Reply
Very pretty! It's a shame the instructions were so vague or I'd be tempted to give it a go myself.
chicagochef said... (6/29/11 1:53 PM) Reply
The gown turned out very pretty - and there is nothing quite like it in any of the current pattern offerings. Congrats on working out the kinks and not getting frustrated with it.
jannw said... (6/29/11 1:17 PM) Reply
very interesting pattern..love the style..your gown is very pretty..
cerulean said... (6/29/11 12:01 PM) Reply
Your gown is quite pretty! Everything works together beautifully!
Q Valley Mary said... (6/29/11 11:17 AM) Reply
I admire your willingness to play around with vintage patterns. As usual, your results are worth the effort.
PittyPat said... (6/29/11 11:14 AM) Reply
You did a great job with all the challenges about the muddled instructions/missing notions, etc. Wonderful interuptation of gown. Love the changes you made to gown to make it work for you.
renren said... (6/29/11 11:06 AM) Reply
I think it's very lovely despite the issues you had. Sounds like the usage of "fiberfill" may have changed over the decades, too. (I don't need fiberfill lining any of my garments!!! I already look a little too much like a teddy bear.) And you are right about the independent's instructions. Some of the best instructions I read are from the indies.
Elemenopeo said... (6/29/11 10:28 AM) Reply
maybe it's for use with a bed jacket that it is warm? it is a nice and interesting design and you did well with it.
cindyann said... (6/29/11 10:12 AM) Reply
Very pretty! I can see why you were interested in this pattern.
FreyaStark said... (6/29/11 8:07 AM) Reply
It looks lovely and I'm glad you're happy with the result. I hope you enjoy wearing it.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (6/29/11 6:43 AM) Reply
Well, the pattern is mediocre, but the gown is very pretty ;) Although "funny" that it's warm & sleeveless, eh ;/

Kwik Sew 3155