Pattern Reviews> Sewy> Rebecca bra (Rebecca bra)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:7/5/11 3:49 PM
Last Updated:7/5/11 4:06 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
GlobalMom said... (7/6/11 8:16 AM) Reply
Looks like when I'm back in Germany in the fall I'll have to take a road trip to see the Sewy shop. They're located in a small town outside Cologne. From your review and the one Miss Cellie did, it sounds like they need a little more pursuasion to supply the US market directly because their patterns are so wonderful! When I talked to the owner on bahalf of Miss Cellie, she was concerned about translations, etc, but our gifted PR sewists can manage quite nicely without speaking German!
Sharon1952 said... (7/6/11 6:48 AM) Reply
A very thorough review. Thanks for all the pointers.
Jane235 said... (7/6/11 3:36 AM) Reply
You can also get the pattern from another german site here http://www.spitzen-paradies.de/_deine_dessous_Warengruppe.asp?KAT=104 and the postage is cheaper than from the Sewy site. You only get German instructions with it, but I have made my own translation of the instructions (text only, no pictures!) - if anyone would like a copy, please let me know
Nancywin said... (7/5/11 10:41 PM) Reply
Alchemist - sorry, I don't know where else to get it. "Miss Celie" I just ordered 2 kits from Summerset! Thanks!
MissCelie said... (7/5/11 8:54 PM) Reply
Oh, BTW, Summerset stocks wires and has the Rebecca bra. She sent me a pair that should fit much better :D
MissCelie said... (7/5/11 8:54 PM) Reply
Nancy, I think you and I had a few of the same challenges. In my second version, I also went up a cup size and added a wider seam allowance to the bottom edge to accommodate my wide elastics. I definitely prefer getting a pre-made kit with everything included. This looks terrific! Makes me want to rush out and sew my next one :)
Alchemist9 said... (7/5/11 8:37 PM) Reply
I just tried the Sewy site again and can't seem to get anything ordered. I can't even seem to set up a password there and they haven't responded to my e-mail from 2 days ago. Does anyone know of another source for this pattern...........used/uncut would be fine.
Alchemist9 said... (7/5/11 7:40 PM) Reply
I would love to try this bra pattern but you are correct that it is no longer at Elingeria. I went to the Sewy site and can get no response from that site. Any suggestions?
renren said... (7/5/11 6:48 PM) Reply
Oh, it looks like you are back from Africa. Welcome home! And look at this fantastic bra and review! Thanks!
sewing for fun said... (7/5/11 5:49 PM) Reply
Your bra turned out very well! I use specific 3/4 inch or wider strap elastics (very firm, little stretch) from Bramakersupply.com or from fabricdepotco.com - makes a big difference. Thanks for the size warning of the center front. I was curious about why they had you turn the casing to the inside of the cup, rather than the outside, especially with a larger cup size. I, too, like the wider backs MUCH better, both for support, comfort, and minimizing back fat :).
msladyj said... (7/5/11 4:18 PM) Reply
THank you for the great review. It was very helpful. Your bralooks great.

by: Shari7