Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5600 (misses dress)

Reviewed by:birdmcfarland

About birdmcfarlandstarstar
Member since: 8/1/08
Posted on:7/16/11 10:32 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

SewWil said... (7/17/11 4:38 PM) Reply
I'm with everyone else on this one. I like your choice of fabric for this dress and think it turned out very well. Hope you get to make yourself one that fits to your liking.
1SewSweet said... (7/17/11 9:27 AM) Reply
I agree with everyone else here... This looks really good on you, honest! Just a tad bit big. I have this pattern too & really want to move it up on my sewing list now. You should try it at least one more time before giving up on it!
Kim12469 said... (7/16/11 8:50 PM) Reply
It's really cute! I understand though about not being happy with something. Definitely make another one for yourself.
FreyaStark said... (7/16/11 8:32 PM) Reply
I agree with the first three comments. It looks good on you, even if it is a bit roomy, and I hope you get to like it and get some wear out of it. And of course the next one will be even better!
Morisot said... (7/16/11 3:27 PM) Reply
What marec, ConnieBJ, and Christas said. And--Every time I sew something new my husband now asks "Is that for you or are you going to give it away?" Fitting and ease are tough!
birdmcfarland said... (7/16/11 11:40 AM) Reply
I'm going to give this to my sister who is about one size bigger than me and make another one. Butterick patterns are on sale tomorrow for 99 at Joann's so I can get the size 12. I really really like this pattern, especially in this fabric. I think going down a size will make this work. What a bummer! Lesson learned!!
Christas said... (7/16/11 11:32 AM) Reply
I agree with Marec, this dress looks cute on you! I hope you get some wear out of it. That linen is really nice!
ConnieBJ said... (7/16/11 11:02 AM) Reply
I do like it a lot on you! The style and colour is perfect!
marec said... (7/16/11 10:51 AM) Reply
I like the dress, and while it *is* a teeny big on you, it looks cute! The style, paired with the color of the linen you chose, is very calming and subtle. I hope you try this pattern again.

Ottobre Design Magazine 06-2013-14