Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3658 ( Misses' Dress & Top)

Review submitted in One Pattern Many Looks Contest

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 37 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops

Sweater knit fabrics

bebro said... (5/11/13 4:26 PM) Reply
This is a terrific review. I just got this pattern, and know i will use many of your suggestions. Wish i had a lovely long neck!
workinonit said... (8/19/11 9:58 PM) Reply
fabulous effort. great dress. and what a patient family!
cleverclogs said... (8/18/11 8:31 AM) Reply
Lovely dresses- congratulations on winning the contest! I've made the top and like it but thought the dress would not suit my distinctly apple shape. After your very helpful review I will give it a go- possibly including your lovely draped belt.
Coastal Connie said... (8/13/11 7:17 PM) Reply
I love your belt/angled trim addition! it adds alot. I have to admit that I don't see the issue with the matching seams for your 1st dress...
purplebouquet said... (8/12/11 9:04 PM) Reply
Phantastic. You did an excellent job on all three (four?) versions. I particularly love the belt detailing on the cinnamon dress and was most amused to find out is was just a piece of fabric wrapped around. If you end up designing one very much like it, please post instructions. Just looking at the pattern envelope, I wouldn't have guessed the styles would sew up so flattering. You've inspired me for some of my fall and winter wardrobe.
Sharon1952 said... (8/12/11 7:04 PM) Reply
You deserve to win with these 3 stunning dresses. Congratulations.
ggf2005 said... (8/12/11 1:58 PM) Reply
AWESOME!!!!
Rhoda K said... (8/11/11 11:38 AM) Reply
I love your dresses. I agree with the patience comment ;-). I have this pattern and have only made the top, but I'm definitely going to steal . . er, copy your belt idea - a nice touch. Thanks for a great review. Congratulations on the win!
montanachic said... (8/9/11 10:04 AM) Reply
I love this, your versions look so much better than the envelope! I want the navy one!!!!!!
KaSchu said... (8/7/11 6:36 AM) Reply
Thank you for a very detailed review. Your dresses are beautiful!
whistlin dixie said... (8/6/11 3:44 PM) Reply
I really like how different your dresses are from one another. By using different types of knits, and by adding different design elements, you were able to create three unique looks. Nice job!
marjoriekh said... (8/4/11 10:46 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for your kind comments, everybody! And a special recognition to those of you who slogged through the whole review! :)
marieds said... (8/3/11 10:00 PM) Reply
Your review inspires me to make my own dress! And I haven't tried that in many years! Thank you!
Sew4Fun said... (8/2/11 6:57 PM) Reply
I love your navy blue version. I can see this being a winter staple. Great job and wonderful review. Thanks for taking the time to share.
Nursebennett said... (8/2/11 6:22 PM) Reply
Wow! Elegant and fantastic job sewing. I'm determined to get fit, style and pattern/fabric marriage worked out to make such lovely garments. Thank you for the inspiration!
ElizabethDee said... (8/2/11 4:34 PM) Reply
These dresses look fantastic on you. You did such an amazing job on the fit, and each of your three three versions is distinctive and so beautiful.
Vintage Joan said... (8/2/11 11:01 AM) Reply
Wow, great dresses!! The cinnamon wool one is awe-inspiring. And your review is also awe-inspiring -- you must have spent ages getting it this clear and thorough. :) Thanks!
VirginiasDghter said... (8/2/11 8:24 AM) Reply
Love, love, love those dresses! Nice, nice work on these!
homewerk said... (8/1/11 3:00 PM) Reply
Great job! You really captured the essence of this contest, achieving totally different looks with the same pattern view. I'm impressed and, being an apple, may have to give this 3-piece pattern a try.
sew2little said... (8/1/11 1:14 PM) Reply
You have achieved quite distinct looks with this becoming dress.
ArtAttack said... (8/1/11 10:26 AM) Reply
Beautiful dresses! Each looks totally different...and you really put in some work on this project! Great job!
Kim12469 said... (8/1/11 7:01 AM) Reply
These are all great! I love this pattern on you.
kremmer said... (8/1/11 4:25 AM) Reply
Thank you for writing this review. I enjoyed reading it. You have made 3 wondeful dresses. Good luck in the competition. You are a very strong candidate!
JillyBe said... (8/1/11 3:26 AM) Reply
I would not have guessed these dresses came from that pattern! I would call them a vast improvement over the envelope pics - what a great job, & they all look SO good on you!
iSewQuiltArt said... (8/1/11 3:11 AM) Reply
Love the dresses! Great job :)
Lori V said... (8/1/11 2:33 AM) Reply
These are such beautiful dresses.
Aroura said... (8/1/11 1:03 AM) Reply
These are all just beautiful!!! I read the entire review, and I think the draped belt you made to cover your cutting mistake on your original wearable muslin is SUCH a great design element! If I ever get this KS pattern, I would incorporate that myself. I'm not sure I could make all those fitting changes you made (what patience!), but these are so beautiful, I'm willing to try!!
Immelu said... (7/31/11 11:24 PM) Reply
wow, i love all of them. I need to get this pattern!
Sue Parrott said... (7/31/11 11:11 PM) Reply
Your versions are very cute! Well done!

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2015-107