Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7519 (Misses Dresses)

Reviewed by:Oziroo

About Oziroostar
NA AUSTRALIA
Member since: 9/7/03
Posted on:9/12/04 8:14 PM
Last Updated:9/13/04 5:49 AM

Jennie Pakula said... (9/13/04 8:05 PM) Reply
What a pity, it would be really nice if the skirt was a bit longer. I sometimes think the differential between the longest point and the shortest is far too great in these designs. Thanks for an honest review.
JDpenelope said... (9/13/04 6:33 PM) Reply
Gosh, and the pattern looks so cute. I actually don't think it looks that bad in the photo, but I know it wasn't what you wanted. After struggling with the "close fitting" Jalie 2005 top, I can commiserate. I had claustrophobia in the first few muslins. Finally, went way up in size to get what I considered a decent fit. Guess this Vogue won't go on my wish list!
Hilary said... (9/13/04 9:34 AM) Reply
That's too bad! It is a pretty dress -someone might like it- I always send my wadders to the thrift store too :oP Thanks for letting us know your experiences even when the final result doesn't work out!
cindyann said... (9/13/04 7:34 AM) Reply
You did a great job on this dress. Too bad that the fit isn't what you had hoped. I do like your "spirit of optimism". I get caught up in that sometimes myself.
kathi s said... (9/13/04 6:43 AM) Reply
What a shame that you put so much work into your dress and not have it come out well. It's a lovely color and looks beautifully sewn, but I agree, it's too short and looks tight. Don't throw it away- give it to charity and someone may fit it perfectly. Don't let it get you down!

Understanding Wool Fabrics