Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2962 (Misses Swimsuit)

Reviewed by:The Funky Seamstress

About The Funky Seamstressstar
AB CANADA
Member since: 7/22/10
Posted on:8/4/11 2:47 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear
MNBarb said... (8/5/11 10:03 AM) Reply
You are too cute in this suit! The neckline area is just perfect and flattering to your face and racerback is perfect for swimming and aquafitness. I want my hair to look like yours. Maybe you could send me some positive hair vibes.
JEF said... (8/5/11 9:31 AM) Reply
Just wonderful! It looks super on you.
Sharon1952 said... (8/5/11 7:14 AM) Reply
You fit your muslin perfectly for the final model. What a wonderful print. It looks really good on you- flattering colors.
pdiddly said... (8/5/11 2:55 AM) Reply
Well done on your first swimsuit - looks great and love the fabric - I have just tried panties for the first time and think I now need to cut my teeth on a swimsuit.
sfshaza said... (8/5/11 0:52 AM) Reply
What a great fit! A very cute swimsuit.
GayMcDonell said... (8/5/11 0:44 AM) Reply
Great work - I love a racer back too - and I too would increase my bum curve - your fabric is very nice too! Very inspiring!
sewbehind said... (8/4/11 11:38 PM) Reply
Great looking swimsuit. Looks fabulous and funtional. The diagonal stripes are very flattering.
Knitters Delight said... (8/4/11 11:28 PM) Reply
Perfect job on this swimsuit!
jenleeC said... (8/4/11 11:24 PM) Reply
Sewing bathers!! I'm impressed!! I'd assumed a home sewer would never get the fit or the finish right without a commercial sewing machine but yours look fantastic.
NancyZL said... (8/4/11 11:18 PM) Reply
Great fit on this and such a pretty fabric!
marec said... (8/4/11 10:47 PM) Reply
What a great looking suit, and thank you for the review pictures. It helps me to see what is possible. I am saving this in my faves.
Elizabeth made this said... (8/4/11 9:56 PM) Reply
Such a flattering print, and the fit is great. Nice work.
persevering said... (8/4/11 7:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for the additional info...I'll certainly be looking for your next swimsuit review re: fabric, etc.... appreciating your fitting photos of this review .. 'cause I'm kind of blocked with the the one I'm working on ... and seeing your process is extremely helpful ... also I've realized the exact fabric used will make quite a difference on the fit vs (size) cut out of fabric. Anyways, thanks for giving me hope in continuing to make my own swimsuit (actually I've spent months on it .... the unknown fabric I'm using has about 100% 2-way stretch & it has been suggested to me that I use the fabric also as the lining.) I'd also like a beefier fabric that has the fabric content of the RTW I mentioned. Congratulations on your excellent work!
The Funky Seamstress said... (8/4/11 7:14 PM) Reply
I got the fabric from Fabricland. It was on clearance for 70% off and had been sitting there forever. It just feels like regular swimwear fabric. I'd love something a bit beefier, and a full lining would eliminate the cling you get when you get out of the pool. It's definitely too tight, but I'm only going to make small adjustments to the next one.
bagabon said... (8/4/11 5:33 PM) Reply
Didto for me too looks great !!! And I love your hair cut too!!!
persevering said... (8/4/11 3:47 PM) Reply
Wow - I'm so impressed! I've got the KS book and I haven't finished my 1st .... how wonderful that 'sewing for fun' commented too. Your fabric is great and the fit looks perfect too me ... swimsuits stretch out somewhat at least, so tight but not too tight, would be the right size, IMHO. If it helps, the label in my swimsuit has the fabric content as shell 47% P.S.T., 53% polyester, lining 100% nylon, according to the label. This swimsuit, alas not available anymore, has lasted me over 1 full year of I think about 100 wearings or so, with only the cleavage overstretched out now, though still wearable. All my other purchased swimsuits never lasted as long. Please share your fabric and finding info. I'm so happy to read your review .... I was just about to give up trying anymore. Your review is greatly appreciated!
sewing for fun said... (8/4/11 3:22 PM) Reply
Your suit looks GREAT! I love the fabric, and it fits beautifully. I like the KS swim patterns, too. I used the fitting instructions out of the KS swim and actionwear book. I started with one size smaller than measurements, then made the FBA, torso and crotch length adjustments exactly according to their instructions and got an almost perfect fit the first time. Where did you get that great fabric??
carolynw said... (8/4/11 3:10 PM) Reply
Great fit and really gorgeousl fabric - you'll turn head for sure in this beauty
rmusic1 said... (8/4/11 3:00 PM) Reply
you're right, the fabric is great, so much more fun then the boring black or navy your normally find in the shops for sport style swim suits. I'm sure the final version will get lots of use!

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2012-117