Pattern Reviews> Sewy> Rebecca Bra

Member since: 7/31/10
Posted on:8/6/11 2:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Kay Y said... (8/7/11 9:25 PM) Reply
Very professional looking and once you have tweaked the fit, fantastic!
pdiddly said... (8/7/11 4:41 PM) Reply
you must be very pleased with this - I have thought about making a bra but feel I would need to go on a course first
Sigrid. said... (8/7/11 7:20 AM) Reply
Lovely bra, the lace and fabric work very well together. I've made this pattern quite a few times, it's my favorite pattern after a few changes to get the perfect fit. And my experience is that the band is a bit too long compared to the size it is for.
FreyaStark said... (8/7/11 7:04 AM) Reply
Lovely!
Jane235 said... (8/7/11 4:30 AM) Reply
Thanks for the nice comments. Sewing for Fun, I'm in the UK, so not sure if this will help you, but I got the satin lycra from English Couture and the lace from a remnant pack from The Sewing Chest, there was a piece only just big enough for this bra. I would definitely recommend using your good fabrics, awful though it seems to think about - I've made about 3 bras in cheap fabrics as testers for different patterns, and I found I just didn't take much care in making them just because the fabric was cheap, so they were of limited use as testers anyway. I had to force myself to use the nicer stuff for this bra, but you use so little and you can always buy more!
sewing for fun said... (8/6/11 11:37 PM) Reply
Your bra is gorgeous! You did a great job! I have my Rebecca bra all traced out, but not cut yet... I am trying to decide whether to risk one of my pretty new bra fabrics or use something plain and service-able for a muslin. Where did you get your lovely fabrics?
sewtofit said... (8/6/11 11:15 PM) Reply
Just beautiful!!
AndreaSews said... (8/6/11 9:13 PM) Reply
Lovely bra. I wish the pattern came in English. ;)
Raye Ann said... (8/6/11 6:54 PM) Reply
This is so beautiful! It really does look like a high end RTW bra. Congratulations!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (8/6/11 4:45 PM) Reply
Jane, this is a BEAUTIFUL muslin!! ;)

Fit For Art Eureka! Pants that Fit Pattern