Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7508

Pattern Photo:Burda 7508
Burda Pattern Info
Pattern Rating:Great Wardrobe Builder
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Fabric:Cotton  [See other projects in this fabric]
Pattern Description: princess seamed tunic and shirt with neckline variations

Pattern Sizing:34-44

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?yes. For what Burda lacks in good written instructions, the diagrams are really useful.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?I made the asymmetrical neckline variation. I really liked the angle of it and the added slit/button combo. The bottom slits are also fun.

The fit in the armsyce is awesome. Even my fashion unaware husband noticed how nice the fit is here.

Fabric Used:Striped cotton shirting

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:I added a CB seam and zipper (because I despise side zips) and eliminated the back ruching. I like the design detail of the ruching, but this is a pretty close fitting top, and I didn't have enough extra ease to make this feasible.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?I think this pattern could be a sleeper staple. It really goes with anything and you could add a million different trims or embellishments to make it more/less dressy/ or more interesting. The princess lines are also really flattering. This is the second time I've made this top--the first time was intended as a muslin, but it turns out I had enough of this leftover poly masquerading as silk to make the whole thing.

Conclusion: This is definitely a TNT for me, and I would highly recommend it though it looks basic.
More on my blog:
Elizabeth Made This: My first jeans

Elizabeth Made This: Asymmetrical black and grey brocade top
Christas said... (9/14/11 8:47 PM) Reply
How VERY cute!!! This looks wonderful on you!
VivianZ said... (8/12/11 8:39 AM) Reply
cute top! i will have to get this pattern.
Fran G said... (8/12/11 7:07 AM) Reply
Your top looks wonderful and I think this pattern is a must buy. There are times when a tee shirt is too informal but a classic blouse too dressy..this top will be perfect. I especially love the bottom as is sort of skims over any tummy fluff that I have. Without your review I would have missed it..so Thanks!
pdiddly said... (8/12/11 2:34 AM) Reply
Very nice top - great to find a TNT pattern too.
becca a said... (8/11/11 12:12 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top! I think I need this pattern!
Amanda.Claire said... (8/11/11 11:01 AM) Reply
This is really cute. I love both tops!!
dragon10 said... (8/11/11 3:24 AM) Reply
Your top looks great. Many thanks for reviewing this pattern. I actually have this pattern and want to make it for summer (we are still in winter mode here in Australia). Your top has inspired me to move this up the sewing list.

by: maubranben