Pattern Reviews> EvaDress> 7531 (1933 Ensemble)

Reviewed by:Nick D

About Nick Dstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 5/16/10
Posted on:8/24/11 4:51 AM
Last Updated:8/25/11 4:27 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
XandraReynolds said... (12/12/11 4:43 PM) Reply
I very much like your solution to building the sleeve cap details, Nick. Also, I agree with Rhoda K. Your review is very articulate.
Sue Parrott said... (8/25/11 5:42 PM) Reply
Lovely! your wife is very lucky to have such an experienced sewer in the homr!
Nick D said... (8/25/11 4:30 PM) Reply
Thank you all! Bethwhitch, I'm lucky enough to live near a haberdasher that stocks hair canvas at a good price, but I've found it online as well.
Seamingly Simple said... (8/25/11 8:50 AM) Reply
Gosh, this is gorgeous, and your wife is wearing the perfect shoes for the authentic look! I'd never heard of EvaDress so thank you for the link. They seem to have a lot of dramatic styles that I wish would come back in style.
Bethwhitch said... (8/25/11 8:28 AM) Reply
This is so smashing! I have wanted to try an Eva pattern- now this may be the one! Where did you find the horse canvas?? Can't find it anywhere!!
rozzybabe said... (8/24/11 6:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, & well done, as is normal for you. I'm just adjusting a muslin for an Eva Dress pattern, so am looking forward to sewing the garment, & making more garments from this great site. Keep up the super work & reviews!
Jacqui315 said... (8/24/11 12:22 PM) Reply
This is a pattern that had caught my eye before. You've made it up beautifully with a fantastic review!
Time4me said... (8/24/11 11:02 AM) Reply
Very very nice. I love the fabric. You look like you just stepped out of the 30's!
marec said... (8/24/11 10:28 AM) Reply
Very interesting review and a beautiful jacket. The shoulders are quite strong, and you achieved that look-well done! I love this pattern company for inspiration, though have not used any of the patterns. You have given me good info on what I must expect if I tackle an EvaDress pattern.
Rhoda K said... (8/24/11 7:57 AM) Reply
A beautiful jacket and a well done review.
a life in stitches said... (8/24/11 5:24 AM) Reply
A very interesting review. I like what you have done, and thanks for the link to Eva Patterns (I'd not heard of this company). You did well with your shoulder-pads/sleeve supports. With regard to the lack of side shaping, if Eva Patterns are reproducing the originals, as they seem to be, rather than making modern re-drafts, it is quite common in patterns of this era. There seems to have been an assumption that the dressmaker would achieve quite a lot during the fitting process. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

You Sew Girl Kids Beret Pattern