Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2365 (Misses' Tunic Top)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:8/13/11 3:46 PM

FreyaStark said... (9/20/11 5:40 AM) Reply
It was really clever of you to see the potential for a dress in that pattern and worth all the effort it took to me it work. The colour is lovely and it looks good on you. And I ADORE that leopard print scarf nestled around the neck.
Mahler said... (8/23/11 9:28 PM) Reply
I agree with you, dresses are way mor cooler then pants. What a great colour. Wonderful to mix with your brown boots. That look rocks !!
MNBarb said... (8/21/11 8:13 AM) Reply
Now I want to see the boots, on you, with the dress. It's like getting into a good book then not being able to read the last chapter. I'm a scarf fanantic and am lusting after both scarves shown in this review. I love the word duster (and druster) but would not give this classy dress that name. In addition to being cool, wearing a dress, especially one from soft fabric, is like stepping out in public in your jammies. Thanks for all of the tips. You are so good at tutorials. By the way, your new Avatar is cute, cute.
Catbird said... (8/15/11 8:39 PM) Reply
I'm so impressed with how you handled that tricky fabric! My favorite shot is the "drawstring knotted" where you can see all the nice design detail. I'd love to see this with a wide belt & your killer boots!
1SewSweet said... (8/14/11 3:29 PM) Reply
Wow, this dress is really nice on you despite your challenges! It is definitely going to be a knockout with those boots!!!
Sherril Miller said... (8/14/11 2:33 PM) Reply
Love, love, love the dress but darling, you have to tell me where you got those boots!
sewtime said... (8/14/11 10:27 AM) Reply
You made a fantastic dress, very cute!! Enjoyed your review!!
Barbara V said... (8/14/11 9:26 AM) Reply
What? you blocked out the "hideous sewing mess" behind you? It CAN'T be that bad! For a difficult fabric you turned it into a beautiful looking dress! I bought this pattern for a turnic, but your clever alteration makes me want to morph it into a dress as well. Really nice work thorughout and I really like the knotted drawstring detail.
Peggy L said... (8/13/11 6:13 PM) Reply
Wow! I like it - especially with the drawstring knotted. I'm afraid this would have been a wadder if I attempted it. Bravo for you for dealing with that fabric. Great review as always.
SewWil said... (8/13/11 6:04 PM) Reply
This pattern makes a great dress. Very nice dress on you. Your scarf is perfect for it. As usual your reviews are very informative. Thanks for the information.
cmarie12 said... (8/13/11 4:58 PM) Reply
I'm thinking that all of the pain of dealing with the fabric was worth it. This is a very pretty dress on you!
carolynw said... (8/13/11 4:30 PM) Reply
I love your "Druster" - it came out a 10+ but I can feel your pain with this fabric - have sewed it but I didn't have the staying power you do - mine did not make it even to "let's think" closet - it's a bugger to sew and using a sew in interfacing is probably the best thing to do. The color is lovely ion you and the scarf adds a really nice touch. Good to see a review from you - very helpful as usual!!
Karendee said... (8/13/11 4:29 PM) Reply
Hate to keep repeating myself, but your reviews are the best ever!! I always feel like I have completed a sewing lesson. You have made an amazing garment and I am jealous. This fabric drape, color, and texture really enhance the nice pattern. Who would have thought this pattern would make such a wonderful garment. Enjoy with your trendy boots and scarf!!
Christas said... (8/13/11 4:20 PM) Reply
Well, of course, I was WHINING!!! I saw it on the dressform and HAD to see it on you (make-up or not). And.... your eyes don't look like the pee-holes in the snow! This "DRUSTER" as Karendee calls it, is going to be SOOOO perfect with those boots. I love it! It was totally worth all of your trouble! Thanks for another very helpful review! :-)

Victory Satsuki Paper Pattern